CH. 26

I parked in front of the company with my heart hammering against my chest, holding the steering wheel tightly until my knuckles turned white. Even with my friends telling me to have positive thoughts I can sense that nothing good will come out of this. Jimin said he would wait in the car with Sannie so I left the car and walked towards the big building.

I explained to the security guard at the door why I was there, showing my ID. After confirming my story I went through a metal detector and another security guard guided me to the third floor, into a large room with huge glass walls surrounding it.

And there she was.

Wearing a pair of small black shorts, a white top and knee-high boots she smiled as she saw me enter the room. The man who had directed me there withdrew and closed the door behind him. Her hair was longer since the last time we saw each other and darker, with the back of her head in a blonde color. Eunji looked differently. I guess someone went under a few plastic surgeries.

“Jeon Jungkook” she tasted my name on her tongue and pushed a chair with her foot so I could sit down “You haven’t change a thing”

“I wish I could say the same about you” I replied, sitting up and doing my best to hide how nervous I was.

“What money can't do, right?” she smiled smugly, as if to say 'look where I got to' “Y’know, I always wondered what was your reaction when you saw me releasing an album, seeing me next to famous people” I laughed.

“Bold of you to assume I was paying attention” her smile slowly faded and that made me feel a little better “I found out about your career one day after your lawyer paid me a visit” I moved the cup of water that was in front of me and clasped my hands together on the table, noticing how unpleasant she was about my answer “Now, do you mind telling what the fuck am I doing here?” she snorted.

“We’re here to have a little chat, sweetie. That’s all. Oh c’mon, are you really going to say that you didn't miss me?” with her index finger she started to stroke my hand which I immediately retracted “I must admit that I was disappointed when you didn't come to see me on Tuesday” she exclaimed in an annoying baby voice, probably trying to sound cute but making me roll my eyes.

“Cut the crap, Eunji. What do you want? I haven’t heard from you for the last three years, what could you possibly want now?” she looked pissed, eyes narrowed into slits.

“I want my son”

Fuck no.

NO!

“As far as I’m concerned you don’t have a son. Putting a child in the world doesn’t give you a right over him” my hands were shaking so I hid them under the table “And what exactly do you mean by ‘want him?’ You were very specific after his birth that you wanted nothing to do with him or me”

“Well, he spent the last three years under your care, maybe it’s my turn now” I stared at her in disbelief as she shrugged. Shrugged!

“Are you fucking kidding me? He’s not a toy! You can’t just show up at your own will and request to take him!”

“He needs a female figure!”

“Maybe he already has one” I imitated her last gesture and shrugged, looking somewhere else in the room.

“Don’t tell me you replaced me!”

“It was never your role to be replaced”

“I am his mother, Jungkook”

“Being a mother goes far beyond giving birth, Eunji” gosh this was pissing me off. If she has a brain why not use it? Stupidity overload “I had to give up a lot of things in order to raise him alone”