Shot 16

On the outskirts of Delhi, a woman sat on a bed in a small shack crying over the picture of a baby boy.

"Am so sorry Akash..... I was so helpless at that time and got into the words of that devil and he got me pregnant..... I know I am so at fault for going ahead with our affair but I regret it..... I wanted so bad to keep you but I wasn't financially stable and on top of it all my parents fell ill after I disappeared but am proud I gave you up because you would have turned into a criminal like the men in this neighbourhood if I had kept you. "

A knock on the door interrupted her and she wiped her tears hid the picture under her pillow and moved to the door.

She opened the door and was shocked seeing the famous right-hand man of ASR standing at her door with scary-looking men in suits behind him.

"Can we talk? " Aman asked and she nodded yes as if she was in a trance and moved out of the way for Aman to enter and closed it behind her.

Aman looked around and the room was gut-churning and made him nauseous.

The room had walls filled with holes and stuffed with papers and the ceiling was made of straws and plastics bags which didn't do shit to prevent rain or sunshine from getting in.

He felt disgusted standing in the room but he knew he had to suck it up for the sake of Akash.

"I know who you are and your relationship with Akash. " Aman said and she looked shocked. "ASR has been looking for you and you are coming with me...... It's about Akash and we need your help."

She didn't think twice about it and agreed even though she knew she had to prepare for the worst.

They all moved out of the room and out of the neighbourhood with everyone staring at them and got into the SUV and drove off.

Garima's House.

To say Preeto was shocked by the revelation of his uncle being the father of ASR and Garima being the mother of ASR will be an understatement.

"I can't believe some people will stoop so low just for money and out of obsession..... What am I even saying?..... My father forgot his wife and daughter of his mistress. " Preeto said spitefully and Arvind shook her head and stood up and moved and sat by her.

"Piku..... Your father regrets everything he did and I know he realised his stupidity after your mother died of a sudden heart attack ..... Am not trying to side with him because you already know I never sided with him but let this anger go...... Not for his sake but for yours because it's the reason you don't want to be in a relationship and not all men are bad..... Yes, I agreed we live in a world where no one is to be trusted but there are a few people we all can trust like Khushi whom you trust with all of your heart. " Arvind said to a crying Preeto who looked at Khushi and smiled and she smiled back. "Anita is also here, Chiku and Aman are also really trustworthy people...... Let that anger go my dear. "

Preeto nodded and hugged her uncle who reciprocated and he broke it and wiped her tears.

"I will..... But I need some time. " Preeto replied and Arvind nodded.

"So how was work today? " Arvind asked and Preeto laughed confusing all of them.

"It was superb especially seeing Lavanya Kashyap serve the whole building with tea, snacks and water. " Preeto revealed delightfully.

"What?/what the? " They all exclaimed in shock and Preeto told them everything that happened and they all immediately she was done every ounce of pity they felt for Lavanya vanished but Arnav was pissed.