Shot 23

The Next Day.

Arnav was sitting in the beautiful garden of the mansion when he felt someone sit beside him.

He knew it was his father by the smell of his sandalwood Cologne.

Yesterday was a very traumatic day for all of them in spite of them being the victims and instead of celebrating Khushi and Preeto's success, they were all not in the mood because they never foresaw how this revelation could impact their lives.

"Am sorry Papa. " Arnav exclaimed in a shaky voice, am indication he was about to cry but was holding back.

Arvind sighed and pulled him into a hug.

"It's okay chiku, you were only mislead to hate me and it's their fault not yours. "

Arvind broke the hug and cupped his face.

"You have no idea how proud I am of you..... Look what you made of yourself in spite of how you grew up..... I can never ask for a better son than you but please let this guilt go because it's holding you back from accepting me and how do you think it makes me feel. "

Arnav looked down ashamed knowing his actions has hurt his father.

"Am sorry Papa.... I didn't mean to hurt you...... What can I do to make it up to you? " Arnav asked looking innocently at Arvind and Arvind smiled and ruffled his hair and he frown and pushed his hand off and straightened his hair.

Arvind burst out in laughter seeing how he has changed even after so many years.

"You still hate you hair being ruffled? " He nodded and laughed and Arvind joined him.

Arnav placed his head on his shoulder and he rubbed his back as both stayed quiet enjoying each other's company.

Garima and Khushi who was watching them smiled and looked happy seeing them finally bonding without an ounce of guilt from Arnav.

Outskirts of Delhi.

"This is what your money can get you especially with such short notice, with a little cleaning and furniture and appliances, you will be comfortable. " The agent said and they looked around disgusted by the house but kept quiet because it was better than them living on the streets.

Manohar thanked the agent and he walked away leaving the family behind.

"Manu, Anjali, start cleaning the house..... I have to met someone to see if I can get some money. " Manohar said and Anjali looked shocked.

"But I can't clean, I have never cleaned and I won't clean. " Anjali said stubbornly and Manohar glared at her.

"Then leave. " He yelled making the four of them flinch. "Our days are already numbered and if you can't make the little time we have worthwhile then leave because I will not baby anyone any more...... I would have escaped and left all of you but am not a coward and I refuse to be a coward anymore for anybody." he turned to Nani and Sudhadra. "You will help them and this house better be clean when I get home.... Here is some money..... Use it to buy some cleaning items for the house. "

He slapped the money into Nani's hand and walked away.

Sudhadra was annoyed but did as they were told together with the other because now she must tag along with them since Anant was now a hostage of Arnav and she knew better not to mess with him.

Garima's Mansion.

The family including Rohi and Aman sat down having their lunch and laughing when the door bell rang.