Chapter 12: exhausted

I completed my task with Barnes Group International at precisely 12 p

I completed my task with Barnes Group International at precisely 12 p.m on Sunday. I was so exhausted that I packed all of my equipment into the suitcase I typically bring to work on weekends. Because I lacked a larger bag, I opted for a lagguage to store my stuff. I hailed a taxi to Mrs. Barnes' residence. I was dragged along by my luggage. I approached the gates of a colossal home, much to large for a stay alone women. There was a large yard and plenty of space for a toddler to run about. The property had a swimming pool, and the mansion was suitable for a queen. Xander was swimming with Mrs. Barnes when I spotted him. I could see my son's enthusiasm. Two helpers and a couple bodyguards kept an eye on them while they swam. I greeted the two helpers and bodyguards who were around. I overhear Xander speaking to Mrs. Barnes "grandma look! I can float! I did it!" Xander never had anyone except for me, Chloe and Alex. Hearing him address Mrs. Barnes' grandmother moved me to tears. I never met my parents. I have no idea what they looked like. I saw a bench and took a seat there to watch my son swim with Mrs. Barnes. She then fixed her gaze directly at me. "Oh child, I was not expecting you to arrive this early," she inquired, with wide grin on her face. "How was work?" She asked.

"Tiring. Since yesterday, I haven't slept well. I barely got a couple hours of shuteye. Relaxing at home is all I want to do. "A scowl flashed on her face as she called out to a staff member.

"Please take Mrs. Parker to one of the guest rooms, let her clean up, and allow her to relax."

"Of course, ma'am." Said the helper.

I wanted to deny the offer, but she shot me a glance that said, "don't give me that bullshit." Followed the lady as she carried my luggage, I was devastated. I was escorted to a giant room, where the women ran me a bubble bath. She gestured for me to enter. I did as they attempted to strip me naked. When I realised what they were up to, I put a stop to it. "I'm sure I'll be able to handle it on my own. Many thanks. I'll take care of things from here." They were glancing at each other, na I noticed it. I assured them I would be fine and they left. A bathrobe was laying on top of the bed as I existed the bathroom. I changed into my bathrobe and rushed to bed. When I went to sleep, I didn't know what had happened. The next morning, upon realising i was in a strange bed, I sprung out of bed, checked the time, decided to take a bath, and proceeded down the stairs, where I was welcomed by Mrs. Barnes.

❦ ❦

❦ PINTEREST: @badglam ❦ TIKTOK: @softnakd

PINTEREST: @badglam
TIKTOK: @softnakd