Chapter 36: that arrogant prick

I was in my old room, reading through a magazine with fashionable wedding gowns, waiting for my mother to return with good news

I was in my old room, reading through a magazine with fashionable wedding gowns, waiting for my mother to return with good news. I need to get the greatest gown since, after all, I'm not just marrying a nobody. The gown has to be more costly than Meghan Markle's. Perhaps I should employ the same designer. Sandra awoke from her dreams when she heard an angry voice reverberating across the living room.

"Sandra, please come out!"

"Mother, I'm right here. Is everything alright?"

"What are you keeping from me? Why has Bucky not slept with you all those years?"

"I told you i didn't know, mother. He doesn't sleep with me, but he is still cheating on me." Sandra was well aware that her mother would believe anything she says.

"Tomorrow, we'll go to his place. Let's hear what he says for himself."

The mother and daughter pair left for Bucky's villa the following morning. The maid refused to allow them in since Bucky had warned her not to let anybody into his home without his permission, but the mother and daughter pair forced their way past the women.

Today is Bucky's turn to stay with Xander, as planned between him and his grandmother. They were running about the house, having fun, when his gaze was drawn to the mother-daughter combo. He came to a halt and asked Xander to go to his room. Xander did as he was told.

When I saw Bucky nearing me and my mother, a knot developed in my throat. I hoped he wouldn't humiliate me or my mother. His eyes were like daggers piercing me. He remained silent. He moved forwards a few paces. I suppressed my pride and went up to him.

"Hello, baby."

He sneered at me and glared. My throat felt as though it was about to close up. Standing across from Bucky gave me the impression that I was in the presence of a wolf. His eyes were staring at me with an ice-cold glare. Despite my dislike for his behavior towards me, I still wanted him to avoid humiliating me in front of my mother for the day. He gave me a scornful smile and ignore me. He walked over to the sofa and poured himself a drink of whiskey.

"That arrogant brat!" I yelled in my brain. He was ready to slay me in front of my mother, and I knew it.

"I don't recall having invited you to my place, Mrs Williams."

My mother's eyes widened, and I could see she was processing his harshness. I nearly said to my mother, "let's go," since my mother would never prevail against that arrogant guy. My mother cleared her throat, apparently attempting to digest her shame.

"Is this how you pay respect to your elders?"

He stared at his whiskey glass and began swaying it vigorously, making the movement of the two chunks of ice within audible.

"Don't the elderly understand what we mean by "privacy"? If i didn't summon you to my home, that signifies I don't need your visit. I despise it when people come to my place whenever they want. I bought this home. It's mine when I need company or something to say. I call people, not the other way round. "Just because I'm going to be your future son-in-law doesn't give you the right to drop by my home unannounced. "I couldn't stand it any longer. He was now stepping over the boundary.

"Don't you dare talk to my mother like that!" I let out a yell.

"Miss Williams, this is my home, and I can say anything I want." You may leave if you are dissatisfied with my choice of words. After all, you weren't invited. "Since you're here, to what do I own this visit?" He said, gulping his whiskey and looking at my mother. My mother glanced at him, irritated, but she had to say something.

"You and Sandra have been together for a long time." Don't you think you've already squandered enough of her time? When are you going to arrange the wedding date?" He lifted his brow and gave me a lethal gaze, which he quickly altered to a puzzled stare.

"How many years of her time did I squander exactly?" He posed this question while starting at me as if we hadn't dated at all, or should I say never dated. What is it about me that frustrated Bucky? This man despises me completely. He is disgusted with me. Why did he make the proposal?

What kind of game is he playing? Sandra gave a shaky nod. "Could it be that he's known all along?"

It is not feasible. It is possible that he told him. "No, he wouldn't do that to me." So, what exactly is it?

"Haven't you already squandered enough of my time, Bucky?" This time, I spoke up to him.

"I recall telling you that if the ring is to heavy for you, you may take it off." You're not going to show up at my home unexpectedly and tell me what I should do. Oh, and forget about the wedding for the time being. I don't believe I'm ready to marry, or even to you. I'll let you know when I'm ready. "I have a lot of things I need to work on in my life, and getting married isn't one of them." He rose after saying that.

"What exactly is going on?" Can't you talk about your problems with your fiancée? At the very least, let the two of you work things out together. "It's better to have two heads than one." My mother expressed her disbelief. He smirked.

"My fiancée," he sneered and went on.

No ma'am, as you already know, I have a kid with a lady I neglected, and she raised my kid on her own, so for the time being, I want to concentrate or regaining her respect and being a father to my son. Marriage is the farthest thing from my thoughts. If you are in a rush to marry, you should look for someone who is eager to settle down. I'm not prepared. "I'm not ready to play spouse and nurture your emotions," he remarked, motioning for his employee to accompany us out the door.

❦ ❦

❦ PINTEREST: @badglam ❦ TIKTOK: @softnakd

PINTEREST: @badglam
TIKTOK: @softnakd

Omg 1k readers this is so crazy, hope you all enjoy this book so far, and more is coming.