Chapter 5~ A Reunion

"...Grian...why do you look so afraid? I'm not scaring you, am I? Your friend X-Eye-Soomaa doesn't find me scary, does he?" Sam said, grinning at Grian, using his manipulative tricks to lull everyone into a false sense of security.
"You..." Grian started mumbling, but no-one could hear.
By then, everyone had parted, leaving a path for Sam to walk down. He got closer to Grian, whispering in his ear, "Don't tell anyone or I'll kill you, torture you, and your friend -Mumbo Jumbo- won't be so safe either. Apparently you told him about High-School? Not a smart move, Gri. So... you'll do as I say, I assume?"
"...Yes, of course..." Grian whispered back, giving Doc with a look of desperation.
"Hey, Sam? I don't think Grian feels comfortable that close to you. Could you move, maybe?" Doc said stepping forward a little.
"Of course! My apologies, best friend" Sam said, giving Grian a very fake smile.
He backed up leaving Grian and going to meet other Hermits.
"Hey, dude,  what was that about?" Ren said, putting a hand on Grian's shoulder.
"Nothing! I just met him in school, it's no big deal, he's a friend." Grian physically cringed when he called Sam a friend.
"Are you sure? You looked terrified when he was whispering to you." Doc asked.
"N-no! It's fine, I swear" Grian laughed nervously.
"Alright... if you insist..." Doc said, giving Ren a concerned look.
They began speaking amongst themselves, as Mumbo rushed over, almost tackling Grian with a hug.
"Grian! Oh my god! I'm so, so sorry! I thought you were lying! I should've believed you! I'm so sorry, Grian, please forgive me!" Mumbo said, refusing to let go of his shorter friend.
"Mumbo! It's fine, I promise! Besides, I'm sure he wouldn't try anything in front of all the others..." Grian said shuffling out of Mumbo's hug.
They both decided to leave everyone else with Scar. All three of them decided it was best to go and chill together beside Grian's planetarium. They arrived at the observatory and sat on the mountain, laughing about Scar's recent mishaps.

Little did they know, someone was watching, ready to strike...