Chapter 17~ Recruits

Mumbo and the others were sat on the couch whilst Xisuma was pacing around the room, thinking of what to do. He was evidently worried and couldn't stop stressing about what would happen. After Grian had left, Stress checked up on Sam. Unfortunately, Sam had found a way to escape and was now free. This was a major problem.

"What do we do?! He's free and is probably putting others in danger!" Xisuma muttered to himself, pacing ever faster.

Everyone shot eachother worried looks.

"Hey, X... You should probably take a break. Circling around Stress' living room isn't going to help the situation!" Tango said, smiling hopefully.

"No! This is all my fault! If I had stayed with Sam, nothing would have happened, but I went inside long enough for him to escape, and now I've put the entire server in immediate danger!" Xisuma said, standing still and facing Tango, feeling vulnerable.

"Listen, X. As much as you may think it is, it's not your fault! You went inside to say goodbye to Grian and I think Sam had help getting out." Keralis suggested, looking at the others for their opinions.

"...You're right... I'm sorry. I'm just a little stressed and need to calm down a bit... I guess hearing that helped. Thank you, Keralis." Xisuma sighed, smiling at Keralis.

Everyone either stood or sat in silence and each person was thinking hard. Eventually, they'd been silent for a few minutes and some were getting restless.

"How about I make us some food, and we can talk about plans over dinner! It makes sense, right?" Stress said, standing up, ready to go to the kitchen.

Multiple noises of agreement were heard from the Hermits as they realised how hungry they actually were. Stress made her way into the kitchen, ready to satisfy the hunger of her friends.

After about an hour, food was ready and every Hermit had to agree that this was one of the most amazing things they had ever eaten. Stress had prepared a meat platter, with small pieces of bread to complete the dish. There was even fish that was buttery and smooth. They all also had a glass of milk to go with the dish. It also helped with the spice of the beef seasoning, which was extremely spicy, made with fresh chilli peppers from Stress' garden.

As they were eating, Mumbo though of a perfect idea.

"Guys! I just thought- we could go around the island, recruiting all of the Hermits to our team so they can help us defeat Sam!" Mumbo exclaims, grinning mischievously.

They all exchanged glances, knowing that they had a shot at taking Sam down.