Chapter Fourteen

I couldn't believe I was doing this.

Wilbur had somehow convinced me that it would be a good idea to take a break from my writing to visit the boys. He made me leave my laptop at our flat, genuinely giving me no chance to even write on the drive.

Ultimately I knew he was right. I had been writing so much recently the days were blurring together. I had no real sleep schedule, waking up when I felt semi-rested and only going to sleep when Techno called and made me or when I had no way of keeping my eyes open. The former is the more common occurrence.

Spending time with Wilbur and the boys would be a nice retreat anyway. I missed Tommy, and Tubbo was actually super excited that we were coming. It took me a few days to convince myself I wasn't wasting time I needed to write but everyone was yelling at me to take a break. I knew that if I didn't I may be kidnapped.

"Are you thinking about how sad your laptop is at home without you?" Wilbur said, breaking the comfortable silence that filled the car. We were close to Tommy's house now. I think he was just making sure that I was ready to take on the Simons family.

"You don't have to remind me," I said, nudging his arm sadly. He grabbed it in fake pain, causing a genuine smile to rise to my face. He looked back to the road, an equal smile plastered on his face.

"I'm really glad you came, (Y/N). I think you need the break," Wilbur nearly whispered.

I hadn't spent much time with Wilbur recently, which wasn't much like us. With my uncertain sleep schedule and excessive writing binges, I only really saw him when I would grab food.

He is aware this is my writing process though. And in the same way, he is the definition of supportive. He lets me take it at my own pace, as long as I'm not working myself into the ground. He gets me coffee somedays as a surprise, and at least makes sure I'm eating three meals. Even if he isn't awake when I have dinner at one in the morning some days.

"I'm glad I'll get to spend some time with you," I said looking back out to the road. As difficult as it is for me to take a break from my work, it was relaxing knowing that I didn't have to beat myself up for the next couple of days about deadlines or storyboards. Just me, my brother, and some of our best friends.

I wish one of our closest friends didn't live in America.

From: Techno :)

I'll be jealous if Tommy takes my spot as your best friend. Keep that in mind as you see him this weekend!

I felt the smile playing at the corners of my lips but forced it away as fast as I could. Wilbur wouldn't look the other way if he thought I had a romantic prospect in my life. Let alone one of his closest friends.

It wasn't long before we pulled into Tommy's driveway, and a tall lanky-looking blonde boy came barrelling out of the house, followed by a much more tame but still very excited brunette.

"My favorite Gold!" Tommy said as he pushed Wilbur out of the way and ran up to hug me. I couldn't help but laugh at Wilbur's astonished face. Tubbo laughed as he came up next to Wilbur.

"It's great to see you, Tommy," I said quietly enough for only the two of us to hear. I felt him smile into my shoulder before pulling back. He turned quickly and nearly tackled Wilbur in a hug. It was cute seeing the two together. They really were the closest of brothers.

"Hi (Y/N)," Tubbo said as he walked up to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back and smiled as we followed the two boys inside. They were already rambling rapidly about their plans for the weekend by the time we walked in the door.

Tommy's parents welcomed us in before taking Wilbur to show him where he would be sleeping. Tubbo followed, strictly to tell Wilbur he already had dibs on the bed. I knew Wilbur, and he wouldn't go down without a fight.

"You're sleeping in my room, sorry in advance," he said with a giggle as he pulled me upstairs to his room. I had been in Tommy's room before and it wasn't nearly as bad as he made it sound.

When I walked in, I saw his even more elaborate gaming setup and his bed shoved away in the corner. I quickly threw my bag on the floor and collapsed onto his bed. Due to my lack of sleep schedule, I haven't slept yet, and I was exhausted. But I knew the boys weren't going to let me out that easily.

"So," Tommy said, closing the door. "Tell me about what's going on with Techno."

I looked up at him in a slight panic. I knew that he closed the door to ensure that Wilbur wouldn't hear, but it felt like a crime to even mention in the same house as him. He laughed slightly in response, obviously loving the response it had evoked.

"Tommy! We can't talk about it," I said, looking away from him. The blush on my cheeks said enough, and I wasn't ready for the relentless teasing.

"Sure we can. Wilbur is two floors below us. And my stairs are so creaky, I promise we will hear him when he comes up. Just tell me something lady! Wingman is very deprived!" He was practically begging at this point. It was very sweet that he cared, but ultimately I wasn't sure I was ready for his huge response.

I hadn't told Tommy anything about my acceptance of my feelings for Techno. One because he had a loud mouth, and I wasn't sure I was necessarily ready for the chance of it getting spread, but also because it made it so much more real. It wasn't just a silly thing, a part of my world that I could ignore when I felt like it. The knowledge would be outside of my own head, and that scared me.

"Tommy, it's so complicated."

"It doesn't have to be," was all he said in response. He was maybe a little naive at the age of 17, but I guess my feelings for Techno didn't have to be. I could tell Tommy. I knew I could trust him.

"Okay fine," I said, using every moment to build up the courage to say it. "I like him a lot."

"I knew it!" He nearly yelled. I had to shush him down a considerable amount. He got the message quickly and started doing a silent dance around the room in excitement. "You two are perfect for each other! I'm such a genius for pushing you two together that day in my discord."

"You hardly pushed us together," a laugh was seeping into my words. It felt nice being open and real with someone about this feeling. "You were doing chores and left me."

"Yeah yeah same difference," he said sitting back down in his desk chair. "Well, when are you going to tell him! I'm waiting for the match-up of the century."

"I'm not telling him," his face sank immediately. "I need to finish my book before I even consider talking to him about the way that I feel. In the end, the book is more important right now. Technoblade cannot know about the way that I feel for him."

"And what would that feeling be, (Y/N)?" I heard the voice of the last person I wanted to hear come through the now open bedroom door. I thought Tommy said we would hear the stairs.

"Wilbur I can explain," I said standing up quickly.

"Oh please," he said, looking away from me with anger on his face. I don't know if I had ever seen Wilbur this angry before, but it wasn't something I enjoyed. "You've been trying to date one of my friends forever. First Fundy and now Techno. Just leave me alone."

And he left.