Chapter Twenty

(Y/N) POV

On a day so special, I felt rather lonely.

Wilbur would be getting on my case about being so whiny on a day I should be excited. My book was officially released today, and I was doing a reading of the first chapter at the first bookstore to ever sell my book. Yet here I was, staring at myself in the mirror of my bathroom feeling like I was failing myself for not being more excited.

Tommy and Tubbo were coming to support me, and I was looking forward to seeing them but I felt like this isn't how I felt the reading of my first book. It was more exciting, like it had been a major accomplishment and a new journey. Now it just felt like something was missing.

I knew what the missing thing was of course. I wanted to celebrate so badly with Techno. Maybe he would see the dedication. That is if he ever even bought the book. Maybe he hated me that much now.

I needed to stop thinking of Technoblade. Wilbur and Tommy and Tubbo were here to support me and I couldn't let down their support by being sad the entire time. The three of them have been what's been keeping me going. I had to do this for them, if not myself.

"It's time to go (Y/N)!" I heard Wilbur call from the living room. Wasn't I normally the punctual one?

I walked into the living room to see Wilbur standing tall in his button-down and nice slacks. He didn't dress up for much, but I suppose this is what he considered important. Although going to a small bookstore for a reading was definitely the scene to sport his normal attire.

"Tommy and Tubbo are meeting us at the bookstore. Tommy apparently is taking too long getting ready or something. I suppose I believe that with Tommy," he said as he grabbed his wallet off the counter and turned back to me. His smile was comforting. At least if all else failed, I knew I could count on my older brother. "You ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be!" I said with a nervous laugh. Wilbur's grin spread just a bit wider and he gestured for me to follow him out the door. "I'm nervous about what people will think of the book. After this long, it feels like everything is on the line."

"They are going to love it! I've loved every page of the book you gave me," he said with a laugh. There was something off about the laugh, but I wasn't entirely sure what the issue could've been.

"Well, you are forced to like it as the brother. What kind of sick person would say hey I hate your book little sister," I said, nudging him slightly as we walked toward the bookstore down the street. This caused a laugh to erupt from Wilbur, but it was soon stopped by him being tackled by two 17-year-old boys.

"I bet you weren't expecting to be ambushed!" Tommy said as he moved out of his hug with Wilbur to come over to me. I gave him a tight hug, thankful that my best friend was here.

Wilbur teased the boys as we walked the remaining walk to the bookstore. I only felt my nerves heighten at the fact that I would be sharing my book with fans in no time. It was finally happening.

"Ms. Gold!" Spoke a kind voice the second I made my way into the overcrowded bookstore. I loved Mrs. Andress. She was the first person who ever took a chance on my writing, and ultimately the reason that I am where I am today. "You need to release books more often, young lady. Look at this place! It's packed out!"

"I'll always keep you in mind when I'm writing my next bestseller, Mrs. Andress," I said with a wide smile. She waved me off with a wide grin and went on about how these readings boosted her sales. I wanted to listen but my nerves were through the roof.

I wasn't expecting this many people to show up to my reading. I knew that if I ended up going on a press tour for the book, I'd meet more fans but I would have never expected this small bookstore in Brighton would be nearly spilling people into the street.

Now I was beyond nervous to be reading this piece of work to this many people. After all of the doubt over my writing, I was more anxious than I had ever been to receive feedback. It was easy to read comments made online, but if I could see they hated the book on their faces, it would destroy me.

"You got this," Tommy whispered as he pulled me away from Mrs. Andress. She took over talking to Wilbur and Tubbo who were definitely politely listening rather than actually interested in what she had to say. "I can tell you're nervous, but you can do this (Y/N)."

"Thank you, Tommy," I said as I hugged him for comfort. His height made it easy to feel comforted, even in his awkward hug. "And thank you for being here."

"Wouldn't miss it for anything!" He said with a wide goofy grin.

"Alright everyone!" I heard Mr. Andress' voice boom from the front of the bookstore. He stood on a humble stage with a lonely stool and a large popup poster of the Arcadia's Divide cover. Everyone in the room fell silent, including Mrs. Andress, who allowed Wilbur and Tubbo to make their way over to where Tommy and I stood. "(Y/N) Gold has arrived and is ready to give you all a piece of her story before you take home your copy to devour! So please, give it up for our lovely girl, (Y/N) Gold!"

That was my queue I suppose. I plastered the largest PR smile I could plaster on my face. I guess that day working with Maria on my public smile was a good use of my time. Everyone clapped loudly as I took the stage, made louder by the echoing off the walls of the small store.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for being here to support me on the first day of the launch of Arcadia's Divide!" I said grabbing the book off the stool and sitting down. It felt incredible to have my book in my hands, completed, and in the hands of my fans.

Everyone cheered once more, and the fake publicity smile turned real. I had done it. I had finally written my book. Only one thing could make this moment better.

To my favorite pig

The words felt heavy in my head, but I couldn't let this moment be ruined by anything. So I quickly ran my thumb over the print, and flipped the page to Chapter One.

The reading went by in a flash. All of this worry was for nothing. When I would look up at my fans, all I could see was excitement and admiration. They loved the book, and I could feel all of my worry wash away.

When I finished the reading of Chapter One, everyone seemed more than excited to meet me, get a signature, and get home to read the book. So Mr. Andress quickly set up the table on the stage, made a line with the help of Wilbur, Tommy, and Tubbo, and I was signing books before I knew it.

Each fan had a more exciting story than the last. I loved hearing about the things my series made people feel, or just how excited everyone was to finally return to the world of Arcadia. Having this moment with my fans had me itching to return to my house and continue writing.

"Who should I address this one to?" I said grabbing the book from the next fan in line. It was dwindling down to the end, and I was grateful because I was simply exhausted. My hand felt like it was going to fall off from signing all of these copies.

"I guess you could address it to your favorite pig."