Chapter Sixteen

Tommy was very kind when we returned back to the house, covering for me with his mom when I went upstairs and wrapped myself up in blankets and pouted as I do when I am sad. I really wish I could get some Waffles cuddles right about now.

I felt like I needed to restructure my entire life. I needed to spend the next few days just collecting myself, but I didn't have the time for that. Tommy may be kind to me, but he wouldn't let me get out of seeing him all weekend. He was much too clingy for that.

From: Techno :)

Just sending out a text for you to see eventually. Let me know how you're doing! And let me know that Tommy hasn't stolen you away from me!

It hurt so badly having to ignore his texts. In this moment, I almost didn't want him to feel the way that I did, or else he would be absolutely crushed the way that I was over not being able to talk, and I didn't want that sadness for him.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" I heard a voice I wouldn't have expected ring through the room as the door creaked open. Tommy really exaggerated how loudly his stairs creaked, because I hadn't heard anyone make their way to the door.

I sat up, making eye contact with a worried Tubbo. He smiled and slipped through the small opening in the door. Tubbo and I hadn't ever been super close, but I still considered him a friend of mine.

"I'm doing fine," I said, trying to plaster a smile on my face but ultimately failing. I wasn't sure how much Tommy had told him about the whole situation, so I let him lead the conversation where it needed to go.

"Right," he said with a laugh as he sat on the end of the bed. "That's why Tommy and Wilbur look downright sick worried about you."

"It's really not too big of a deal," I felt guilty for putting a sad mood over this whole trip for the boys. Them caring meant a lot to me, but it felt wrong to lay in bed like a baby when there was a weekend they could be enjoying. That's what we came here for anyway.

"Well I would have to respectfully disagree," he said with his warm-hearted laugh. "Everyone seems mighty shaken up by whatever is going on. I know I don't know a lot about it. I'm downright confused but it does seem to be a big deal, and what matters to me is you're doing alright."

"Tubbo," I teased as I climbed out of bed like a cat ready to pounce. I jumped before he could react and wrapped him in a very loving older sister-type hug. "You're awful sweet, you know that?"

"I've been told once or twice," he said with a childish giggle. He shoved me off and we both stood up, ready to head down to see the boys. "I'm glad I could get you out of bed, I believe Fundy and Niki will be here soon."

"Fundy is coming?" I said looking at him with a little too obvious of a shocked expression. I had no idea he was coming on this trip.

"Crap I forgot we weren't supposed to tell you. They were excited to surprise you and Wilbur. Just, act surprised, okay?" He said with a slight giggle. I brought a fake smile to my face, unsure of how else to respond to that. I guess that explains why Wilbur didn't tell me they were coming.

When we entered the living room that Wilbur and Tommy were sitting in, they both smiled at me with a sense of relief. You would've thought I had been injured or something with the intensity of their worry. I smiled back, trying to reassure them before I sat next to Tommy on the couch, who leaned into me. His presence was oddly soothing, and his touch even more comforting.

Wilbur gave me a sad smile, obviously trying to imply he was sorry for everything. I smiled back at him. I had to just be normal if I was going to go on without pursuing everything with Techno. Or else it would rip me apart every day.

Would I ignore Techno forever? I'm not really sure. I wanted so desperately to talk to him, but knowing my feelings needed to die down would make it impossible to talk with him like I always have. I needed to figure out how to navigate this dynamic without destroying us both.

"We have a surprise for you guys!" Tommy said, looking at me with excitement. Tubbo giggled slightly, and Tommy looked at him in confusion before standing up and starting toward the door. "Follow me to receive it!"

Wilbur looked at me in fear, and it caused a genuine laugh to escape my lips. I knew he was going to be excited to see Niki. They were super close, and they haven't seen each other in so long. Maybe this would at least help distract me from the unopened texts burning a hole in my pocket.

We walked toward the shoreline, the same route Wilbur and I just fought on. I stayed toward the back, now realizing how little I truly wanted to see Fundy. I wish I hadn't gotten out of bed when Tubbo came up.

"Boo!" I heard Niki say in her soft voice as she jumped out from behind the corner of a building and scared the living hell out of Wilbur. Once he realized it was her, he was ecstatic. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and it truly made me smile. They had always been so close, and their friendship really was heartwarming.

"I'm here too!" Fundy said as he jumped out from behind Niki. Tommy yelled and hugged him dramatically, and I tried to sort of hide behind Tubbo, but it didn't last long.

He hugged Tubbo as Niki and Wilbur were deep in conversation about how he had no idea they were coming. He smiled at Fundy quickly, but with Tommy now excited to see Niki, it wasn't long before Fundy had his full attention on me, with a smile I hadn't seen since the last time we met unexpectedly.

"It's been awhile," Fundy said, walking over and wrapping me in a hug. I returned the gesture, still glad he was a friend in my life. I just hoped it wouldn't go flirty with him this time around, not while I was still so heartbroken over the conversation that happened no more than an hour ago.

"It has," I said, pulling back to smile at him and drop his affection. He smiled back before getting scared by Wilbur, pulling his attention from me. Wilbur did know how to save me from situations that made me uncomfortable.

We all walked to the shore. The tide was high today, and the air was rather cold. The summer was fading to fall quickly, and the wind was a firm reminder. The shores of Tommy's town weren't even comparable to Brighton, but it was a comfortable sense of home being this close to the ocean.

The boys allowed themselves to goof around as they do. Tommy was filming a vlog but said he would edit out any parts I was in. Eventually, they all snapped a photo and shared it to Twitter to let the fans know they were together. I spent my time sitting on the edge of the water, still trying to digest everything that shattered my heart today.