03

Time passed and the news of Peter being Spider-Man had not died down. I felt bad for him, honestly. He must not ever have a moments piece.

Soon, it was time for school to start. Senior year had finally come. The time of a persons life where they make important decisions to impact their future. I personally wanted to get into Yale and had already sent in my application early. MIT was my backup school, just in case Yale didn't work out.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out, eager to get the day over with. I walked to school, seeing as I didn't live too far. I hear the crowd before I see it.

A hoard of people surround Midtown High, shouting at Peter and Mj as they walk in. I put my earbuds in, in an attempt to drown out the noise. It doesn't work.

I walk up the steps before being checked with a metal detector and head inside. The school is electric, people talking nonstop about Peter.

Flash walks in, bragging about his "friendship" with Peter. I grumble, hearing his arrogant voice fill the room. I don't know where I find the courage to speak out against him, but I do.

"Oh shut it, Flash." I say. "Everyone in this school knows you are only using Peter for your own benefit."

Flash smirks. "Seems like Osborn has found her voice ladies and gents." He looks me in the eye. "I think you're just jealous because Peter never saw you in the way you wanted him to see you, hm?"

I feel my fave turn red. "You know nothing about Peter and I's friendship because you never once tried to get to know him. Instead, you would belittle him and make him feel less than what he is because you're too insecure to admit your own faults!" I exclaim.

I hear the room turn silent as Flash takes a seat, ultimately defeated. It wasn't true what he said. Sure, I had liked Peter when we were younger. He was my best friend, charming and sweet, it was hard not to fall for him. But I forced myself into reality when we started high school because he only ever had eyes for Liz. Letting him go hurt less than watching him swoon over her.

The rest dragged on, the teachers didn't even attempt to teach. Peter was being treated like a God by some, and like dirt by others. I just hoped it wouldn't be this way for the rest of the school year. I began my walk home when I felt a buzz in my pocket. I look at my phone to see a text.

What could Peter want to talk about? I debate replying back to him, before typing out a message

He read it almost immediately before responding.

He texts me the address and I start heading there

He texts me the address and I start heading there. The apartment was in the nicer side of town, but the only thing on my mind was: What could Peter want to talk about?