07

I rush over to the glass. I look at him, it's really my father.

"Dad...?" I question.

He looks at me in confusion. "I'm sorry, you must be mistaken." He says. "I'm Dr. Norman Osborn." That was my fathers name.

"I'm Makayla Osborn." I answer.

"I must admit, you do resemble my wife." He stops mid sentence. "Makayla, can you lift your hair up on your left side for a moment?"

It's a strange request, but I do. I don't know what's so special about the left side of my neck. The only thing on it is a small mark under my jaw I've had since I was a baby.

I hear him gasp. "My God...it's not possible." He says.

"What is it, Norman?" The man with the metal arms asks.

"Do you remember, years ago, my wife fell pregnant with a baby girl?" Norman asks.

The metal arm man nods.

"It had only been a few months since we brought her home, when we were robbed." Norman says, his eyes tearing up. "The robber wanted our baby, but my wife wouldn't allow it. She was killed and my daughter was taken from me."

"I remember that." The metal arm says.

"I searched so long, so long." Norman says. "But I've found you, my Cassidy."

"No, that doesn't make any sense. I've lived here with my parents my whole life. My parents are Norman and Kate Osborn. My mom died in a car accident." I say. "My father died from cancer. You're from an entirely different universe, there's no way you're my father."

"Hey guys, I hate to interrupt this family reunion, but we should really get going if we're going to send you guys home." Peter says.

"Just what I was thinking." The metal arm man says.

Peter presses a button and all of the villains are released into the open.

"You try anything, I'll fry your little spider brain myself." The electric man says.

Peter merely nods, as all of the villains exit the room. Mj, Ned, and I are the last to leave.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" I ask Peter.

He nods. "Makayla, you have an opportunity to save your dad. He may not be the version of the dad you remember, but he's still him, deep down. He's who your father could've been without you."

"What if this goes south?" I ask. "What if dad-I mean, Norman isn't who you think he is?"

"You have to have faith." Peter says. "I want to help these people, and I know you do too."

I look down, knowing he's right.

"Now let's go to the apartment and get this settled." Peter says, exiting. Ned, Mj, and I follow in suit.

I've had so many emotions in the past ten minutes. Could it be possible Norman was my dad? Could something else have happened during that snap that sent him to another universe? I was thinking crazy, May said my dad had died. But did he?