12

The two Peters, Mj, Ned, and I make our way to a desolate rooftop near the middle of the city. I haven't been here since middle school. Maybe I was stupid to think he might be here, he probably went somewhere cool, like the Empire State Building or something. But once we climbed that ladder and I saw a hunched over figure, I knew I was right.

"Peter..."I say, walking over to him.

Peter looks up to me and envelops me in a hug. I smell the metallic scent of blood on his skin. "She's gone." He cries.

I feel my body grow limp, as the realization hits me like a bus. May was gone. Tears are streaming down my face and my knees buckle. We feel two other pair of arms wrap around us and I look up to see Ned and Mj with somber looks on their faces.

Peter cries into my shoulder. I grab onto him tighter. "I am so sorry, Peter." I say, trying to regain my composure. I had to be strong for him, like he was strong for me. Soon, my yearning is replaced by anger.

I break away from the hug. "I'm going to kill him. I am going to rip that poor bastard apart piece by piece." I say, marching towards the ladder.

First portal Peter stops me. "Hey firecracker, let's take a minute to think about things before marching into certain death, hm?"

"Who're you guys?" My Peter asks.

"We're you, only slightly older." The second portal Peter says.

"And better looking." The first portal Peter says.

"Not the time." I say, nudging the first portal Peter.

"Look, we know what you're going through. We've both been there." The second portal Peter says. "I lost my uncle Ben to a robber."

"I lost Gwen...she was my Mj." The first portal Peter says.

The scene grows silent as we all remember those we've lost.

"She was looking right at me." My Peter says. "Before she..." He refrains from saying the word died. "she told me "With great power-" He's cut off by the other two Peters.

"Comes great responsibility." The two other Peters say in unison.

"That's what Uncle Ben had told me before he passed." The second Peter says.

"Same here." The first Peter says.

"She wanted to help those monsters." My Peter says. "But I can't...not anymore."

"You've got us now, Peter." The first Peter says. "We're here to help you."

"Three brains are better than one." The second Peter says.

"Peter," I say. All three of them look at me. "I meant my Peter." I say. My Peter looks at me, wanting my input. "May would've wanted you to carry on with the plan. I mean, they're right, three brains are better than one."

"How can I help them when they took away the only person I had left?" Peter asked.

"That's not true, dude." Ned says. "You have us."

Peter looks around as if for the first time. He knew that we would always be there for him. We were family, no matter what.

Peter takes a deep breath. "So what're we going to do?" He asks.

"The school lab!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, it should have everything you guys need." Mj says.

"Alright, let's go." Peter says. I could tell he was still on the fence about helping these guys. This was all so crazy, I really didn't blame him.

As we started our trek to the school lab, I found myself walking beside the first Peter.

"So, what's the deal with you and your Peter?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"How long have you guys been together?" He asks.

"Oh we're not together!" I laugh. "He's my best friend."

"I just thought-" The first Peter starts. "By the way you guys look at each other, I could've sworn you were in love."

"I love Peter, don't get me wrong." I say. "Just not in that way." I point to Mj. "That's his girlfriend, Mj."

"Oh, so you guys have an Mj too." The first Peter says. "Do you have a Gwen Stacy?"

The mention of his dead girlfriend sent a chill down my spine. "Not that I know of." I say.

"Oh." He says, somewhat disheartened. "You know, I never got your name."

"Makayla Osborn." I smile.

"Osborn? As in-" He starts to ask, but I cut him off.

"I really don't want to talk about it." I say.

"Yes ma'am." He says. We continue the rest of our walk in silence.