13

After finally arriving at the lab, the three Peters began to work. It was apparent they all shared the same high level IQ. They all began working on various cures for the villains while Ned began preparing Peters web fluid.

"I'll take Connors, I've already cured him before." The first portal Peter says. He puts on some random lab coat draped over a chair and begins to work.

"Lizards, huh?" I ask, walking over to him.

"Crazy, isn't it?" He remarks, looking in a microscope.

"I don't think it beats an evil purple alien snapping away half the universe for five years, but yeah, crazy." I laugh.

He gives me a confused look. "What the hell did you just say?"

I laugh. "Very, very long story."

"Well I'd love to hear it one day." He smirks, looking back into the microscope.

"Oh no." He says, scrambling around.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"The serum is mutating. It's becoming a steroid, not a cure." He says.

"Here, let me see." I say.

He steps back, allowing me to peer into the microscope. Lucky for me, I had spent a lot of time in the lab with my dad when he was working on a cure for his cancer. I knew a few things about cell mutations myself.

It was true, the cells were undergoing rapid mitosis. I needed a buffer and quick. I found some low grade acid and a conjugate base. I mixed up a small batch to create a carbonic acid bicarbonate buffer system. I grabbed a dropper and slowly began dropping it into the serum, keeping a close eye on the cells. The color of the serum began to change to a darker green as the cells mitosis came to a rapid halt.

"There." I said stepping back. "That should do it."

Peter peered into the microscope to see the new, improved cure. "Wow." He said. "I can't believe you were able to come up with a solution that quick."

"I know a thing or two about cell mutations." I say.

"You sure you're not some insanely smart villain trying to sabotage the cure?" He laughs.

"No, I want these guys to go back as much as you do, trust me." I say.

"So you're father was Norman Osborn?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"You have a brother by chance?" He asks.

"Not that I know of." I say. "Why?"

"In my universe, Norman had a son, Harry." Peter explains. "He was my best friend."

"Was?" I ask.

"He became the goblin. He was so set on getting my blood to cure some disease." Peter says, a somber look etched upon his face.

"I'm so sorry, Pete." I say, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Pete." He smiled. "Nobody's called me that since...I think the guys are done over there." He pulls away and walks over to the other Peters and Ned.

"I'm ready." Second portal Peter says.

"Yep, me too." First portal Peter says. "So now all we gotta do is lure these guys someplace, right? Try to cure them while they try to kill us and then send them home."

"Using a magic box." Second portal Peter adds.

"That's the plan." My Peter says.

"I'm going to have to start calling you guys by number because it is so hard to keep up with all the Peters." I say. "Peter one." I point at my Peter. "Peter two." I point at second portal Peter. "And Peter three." I point at first portal Peter.