Chapter Ten

Hello loves! This is a long one!
So, um, smut warning! Be gentle with me. This is the first-time writing sexy time ;) ;)
I wrote the songs I used for inspiration in (bold letters)

But I'll list them here too
All of Me - John Legend (Instrumental) Vesislava
Crazy in Love - Sofia Karlberg
A Thousand Years- Christina Perri
Enjoy!
-Sif

Late December

The event is held at Stark Industries in New York, the old Avengers Tower, remodeled to accommodate Tony's ever-growing company. Being one of the only names in clean energy for the longest time, Tony led the way to start helping other companies get off the ground. Stark Industries was buzzing with several new clean and eco-friendly companies on each floor; however, the penthouse was transformed to hold special events, galas, fundraisers, etc.

Sam stood nervously at the bar, nursing a bourbon; he had turned his back to everyone. He stiffened when he felt a hand on his shoulder; looking over; he noticed Bucky.

"You good?" Bucky asked, getting the bartender's attention; turning back to his friend, he took in his appearance. "How many of those have you had?"

Sam laughs nervously, "Just this one," he takes a sip, "Just not used to all the attention, you know."

The bartender walks over with another bourbon, sliding it into Bucky's hand.

Bucky snorts before taking a drink. Sitting the glass down, he leans on the bar facing the crowd. "Sam, you are a fantastic public speaker. You're a veteran; you have helped so many people and continue to do so. You are a role model; hell, you remind me so much of Steve sometimes it's annoying."

Sam chuckled, "I appreciate your attempt at pep talk." Sam pat Bucky's shoulder, "And thanks for coming. I know how these things make you feel."

"Wilson!" Tony walked over happily. "I need to steal you from Bionic Boy here; I have people who want to speak with you."

Sam rolled his eyes; gave Bucky an apologetic look which Bucky quickly brushed off. Giving Sam a nod to go on, he turned back to the bar to grab his drink when he saw her.

Erica stood near the entrance talking with Pepper; she looked stunning. Elegant slash neck black sequin evening gown with a slit up the right side. Her right shoulder was bare; the left was covered with the long sleeve of the dress. The material hugged her body in all the right ways, her blonde hair resting in beautiful curls on her shoulders. Her stunning green eyes popped in contrast with the dark smokey eye makeup; her plump full lips painted a deep red. Bucky forgot how to swallow for a moment or two.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pepper smiled, leaning into her friend. "Barnes has been eyeing you since you walked in here."

Erica hummed, snatching a glass of champagne from a waiter; she glanced over her shoulder, trying not to be noticeable. He was staring at her; she bit her lip. "Oh, my."

Bucky looked delicious, leaning up against the bar like that. His dark hair brushed back out of his face, light stubble along his sharp jaw. He was in an all-black tux, with a black shirt and satin tie.

Turning back to Pepper, she rolled her eyes up and downed the glass.

Pepper snorted, "Easy there, the night is still young." She watched as her friend snatched another glass of champagne.

Erica scuffed, "I'm avoiding him; well, at least I'm going to try too." She took a sip.

Pepper nodded, "Well, that's all fine and dandy, but drinking your weight in champagne won't do you any good."