Chapter Fourteen

Hey loves!
We are currently hunkered down here in southern Indiana, so I figured I'd release a chapter a day early because why the heck not lol 
So just a quick reminder other languages are in Italics, so watch out for that.
Also, there is some heavy stuff at the end of the chapter, talks of knife wounds, CPR, etc. Just keep that in mind.

I really hope you enjoy the chapter!

Again, thank you to my lovely Beta Jesse_Winter_Soldier. If you're looking to add another fic to your growing list, check hers out!

I started a second Bucky Barnes fic, Țuică you should totally go check it out!
I will update that one every Tuesday. 

-Sif

Siberia
T minus 1 hour until landing
Former Hydra base

Erica stood in complete silence, one hand on her hip, the other pinching the bridge of her nose. Sam was looking completely proud of his 'master plan" while Bucky sat with arms crossed, unimpressed. They had been going at this for over an hour and they were getting nowhere.

Tossing her hands up, "This is a stupid ass plan.", Erica admitted, shaking her head as she slid on her Kevlar vest over her maroon suit, tugging the straps tightly across her chest. "I love you Sam, but I swear to all that is holy..., if this goes south and I get shot, I will kill you with my bare hands."

"It's a good plan!" He looked to Bucky for backup, who in return just shook his head.

Bucky grabbed a comm, "I gotta take her side here, this is going to end badly." He slid a comm over to Erica before checking his gun, an M249 SAW Paratrooper, then slid his hand down to check for his handgun.

Sam tugged on his wing pack, shaking his head, "No faith, no faith." He grabbed the shield, sitting it on the table, "You two need to relax, we have this bomb-ass plan and the element of surprise. What could go wrong?"

Erica and Bucky exchanged looks before replying together, "A lot."

Erica sat by herself, checking her handgun, and sliding a few knives into their designated spots. She couldn't shake the horrible feeling she had about this mission..., was it because they were going back to where it all started for Bucky? Was it because they were going in blind? She trusted Sam and Bucky both to have her back out there-

"What's wrong?", Bucky asked, taking a seat in front of Erica.

She shrugged, "Nothing."

He scuffed, "You're a horrible liar you know that?"

Erica smiled, "I know, I just have this feeling I can't shake."

Bucky gently took her hand, "Just pre-mission nerves. I got your back; you know that right?" He slid his flesh hand up to cup the side of her face, she leaned into his touch, eyes fluttering closed.

Her soft hand slid up over his, "I know you do."

________________________________________

Erica took cover behind a large oak tree as bullets zipped past her, her breath heaving as she rested her back against the tree. "Sam, this is very much not okay!", she yelled, popping around the trunk to fire her gun.

"This wasn't a good idea," Sam admitted, dodging fire from the sky.

"This was your idea!", Bucky grumbled, dodging gunfire as he ran over towards Erica. He grabbed her waist, knocking her over with him as they scrambled to flee from the bullets and explosions in the background.