Chapter Eleven

Hello, loves!
Just an FYI there will be the talk of depression and mental health.
Mental health is very important if you suffer from depression, anxiety, etc. Take care of yourself! You deserve the best!
There is also a flashback to a previous mission so watch for the
italics.

Shout out to my amazing Beta Jesse_Winter_Soldier
Your amazing thanks for putting up with me!

Without further ado...... Chapter eleven ladies and gents.

Three days after Sam's party.

Erica could hear her phone vibrating like crazy on the table. She huffed, ignoring the damn thing, turning her attention back to her work. It finally stopped, thank goodness! Then it dared to start vibrating again! She whined, laying her head down on the table she was working at.

"Are uh, you gonna get that?" Joaquin asked, looking at the device ringing again for the fifth time in thirty minutes. "Could be important." He handed her a to-go cup of coffee.

Erica snorted, "Trust me; it's not." She took a long drink of the warm caffeinated liquid. "Thank you; this is exactly what I needed."

Joaquin raised his eyebrows, "No, I'm sure you need water. I don't even want to count how many of those you have had the past couple of days. I'm sure you have surpassed normal human consumption." He sat down across from her. "If we took your blood, it would be a white chocolate double shot espresso."

Erica laughed, "It is a little sad you know my drink by heart now, J."

He shrugged his shoulders, "What are you looking at now?" He leaned on the table.

"Remember that base we took down back in October?" she asked, looking closer at the screen.

Joaquin chuckled, "How could I forget you shot Barnes in the arm that day."

Erica rolled her eyes, looking at him. "Well, if he weren't always up my ass, he wouldn't get hurt." She started biting her bottom lip before switching the screen up. "FRIDAY, give me a three-D view, please." The AI complied right away.

She stepped closer to the image in front of her. "But anyway, that Soldier that was there, I got a blood sample from him. I'm comparing it to Walker's."

________________________________________

Back in October

Erica caught herself from hitting the floor. Pushing herself up quickly, she ran back at the soldier Bucky was fighting. The guy was HUGE; they hadn't expected anyone when they entered the base. They had gotten cocky not using Red Wing to scope out ahead of time; now, they would pay for it. Bucky blocked a punch with his vibranium arm; he ducked down and punched up, causing the man to stumble back. Erica took advantage of this, launching herself at the man from behind; she wrapped her legs around his middle. She pulled out an already prepped syringe, taking the cap in her mouth, she pulled back. Quickly and carefully to avoid stabbing herself, she jammed it into the man's neck. Pulling back on the syringe, the man grabbed her hands, knocking the vial of blood from her hands. He grabbed her by her arms, tossing her over the top of him, directly into Bucky.

Bucky groaned, pushing Erica off to the right. Erica laughed, "Thanks for breaking my fall."

"It wasn't my intention.", he replied, pulling himself up.

Erica quickly crawled over to the vial, examining it. She had gotten enough, thank goodness. She looked over her shoulder to see Bucky facing off with the soldier again. This guy was getting on her nerves; she did not enjoy being tossed around. Quickly pulling out an explosive, she rolled it towards them.