Chapter Thirteen

Hey loves!
Again, I am deep in my feelings with this chapter, there will definitely be some action!
Shout out to my amazing Beta and friend Jesse_Winter_Soldier
You're a peach as always!

I started a second Bucky Barnes fic, Țuică you should totally go check it out!
I will update that one every Tuesday. 

-Sif

"What the hell are you doing here Walker?", Bucky growled.

John chuckled, "It's U.S Agent Walker."

Erica crossed her arms, "U.S Agent Cannon Fodder, move your ass we're coming up."

John barely moved aside for Erica to squeeze past him, Bucky stood toe to toe with him.

"Move or I will move you.", Bucky snapped out.

John smirked, stepping aside, "I thought I told you to keep your nose out of places where it doesn't belong."

Erica turned around, staring him down. "You say a lot of things, you bloated peacock."

John chuckled while walking around the desk, he began to look at files on it. "What did you find down there?", he asked, dropping the stack in his hand back on the desk.

Bucky snorted, "Nothing." Did he really think they would tell him anything? Bucky glanced at Erica who wore a similar expression to his own.

"John, what are you doing here?", Erica asked. She looked over at Bucky, "I feel like we have asked this already. Doesn't the serum improve hearing?"

Bucky smirked.

Erica watched as John fiddled with a drawer at the desk. He pulled on the middle drawer, it gave a little, then he yanked hard at it. Several things happened next; Bucky heard the click of a triggered explosive. He quickly grabbed Erica, large hands around her waist, pulling her towards the basement lab. He wrapped his right arm around her, pulling her face into his chest as he braced himself with his vibranium arm against the concrete wall.

Bucky's ears were ringing, his vision slightly blurred and dark around the edges. He shook his head, blinking a few times.

"Buck", Erica groaned breathlessly, "you're smashing me."

He quickly realized he was on top of Erica. "Oh shit." He pushed his body up off her, resting on his forearms, his flesh hand gently touching her face, "You feel, okay? Anything hurt?" His eyes roamed her face, which was now covered with dust.

Her green eyes looked up at him, her brows pulled together. She huffed, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?", taking a moment to wiggle her limbs, making sure nothing was broke. She was soar and would most defiantly have bruises. "You just used your body as a human shield."

He smiled down at her, "Don't worry, I'll heal."

Bucky pulled himself up. Standing up to his full height he felt a pull in his shoulders, his lower back hurt, but nothing he couldn't live with. He held a hand down to Erica as he looked around at what was left of the room, they were standing in. There was a decent size hole in the side of Duncan Smith's house, they were looking into the backyard. Bucky eyes darted around the perimeter; someone planted that bomb. Was it Smith or his benefactor? That was the question that needed to be answered.

Bucky noticed Redwing flying above them.

"We're alright Sam, approach with caution. No idea what else is rigged.", Bucky said, suddenly remembering the dumbass who was responsible for the blast.