Chapter Fifteen

Hey loves!
The last chapter was a bumpy ride; I think it's time for some fluff, you know?
I started a second Bucky Barnes fic, Țuică. You should go check it out!
I will update that one every Tuesday.
As always, shout out to my awesome beta! Jesse_Winter_Soldier.
When I become technologically advanced on Wattpad, I will tag her, lol
-Sif

Wakanda

Bucky sat on a large boulder overlooking the bright, lush green wild fields, the relaxing sounds of rippling nearby streams filling his ears. He took a deep breath, inhaling the purely fresh air and releasing the breath as he looked up at the sky.  Here was the brightest blue he had ever seen; everything was more brilliant in Wakanda. He hears heavy steps accompanied by equally heavy breathing; Ayo must have told Sam about his spot.

Sam plopped himself down on the boulder next to Bucky, "Man, it is a hike out here; it's nice, though. I can see why you like it here."

"What do you want, Sam?" he asked shortly.

Sam lets out a deep breath, "I came from the medial bay." Sam watched Bucky stiffen. "She is going to make it." His shoulders relax. "She had quite a list of injuries, three broken ribs, fractured eye socket and cheekbone, busted eardrum, broken arm, internal bleeding, and some damage to her spine."

Bucky looked down at his clasped hands, letting out a shaky breath.

Sam reached over, clasping Bucky's shoulder. "She's going to be okay, Shuri thinks a week in medical. She's a freakin' genius, man."

Bucky nods, looking out over the landscape in front of him; Sam watches him for a moment. He has never seen Bucky Barnes act this way before; the man he sees before him is not the man he saw six hours ago. That man was a nervous wreck, pacing behind the medical team, tense on edge; he was sure they would have to call in Veronica. Sam wasn't sure that he and Joaquin would be enough to hold back the Soldier if things should go south.

Bucky cleared his throat, interrupting Sam's thoughts, "Excuse me, Sam." Bucky stands up, turning around.

Sam looks over his shoulder to see Ayo standing there with a few other Dora Milaje; where did they come from? How long have they been there?

"White Wolf." Ayo greets Bucky in her thick Wakanda accent. Her expression was unreadable, but she wasn't pleased with how she gripped that vibranium spear.

Bucky gave her a nod, "Ayo." He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"I thought we had an understanding," Ayo said, eyeing him carefully.

Bucky looked over towards the fantastic city off in the distance. "We did." he paused for a moment, "I have no right to be here asking for anything; you all have done so much for me already." He looks back at her directly, "I will leave if that is what you want, but let Erica and Sam stay...at least until she is healed."

Ayo's expression softens as her lips curve up into a smile, "You are in love, White Wolf; it looks good on you." She turned around and walked away. "Come, I will show you to your rooms."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Three days later......

Beep...beep...beep

Erica is pulled out of sleep by the beeping; she squints against the bright white light, taking several moments for her eyes to adjust. Everything was so bright, crisp, and sterile; the walls were a beautiful sage green, the floor was a white title. She looked to her right, where the beeping source was connected to an IV bag. To her left was a handmade vase with the prettiest white lilies and a glass of water she would love to get a drink from.   Out the window in front of her was the bluest sky she had ever seen with white cotton candy-like clouds over the greenest grass that stretched on for miles. She tried to pull herself up to get a better look, but the machine next to her went off.