Chapter 23

HELLO MY LOVELIES!!
it's been a while.. thanks for all the well wishes it meant alot! I am out of quarantine and I feel alot better! Thanks for being patient and enjoy!!

Vitani's pov

Tom said that the stone was on the third floor where dumbles said to avoid...which means it'll be protected...which means I have to be careful who knows what'll happen if I get caught in one of the defenses or worse I get caught by the staff...ugh the Potter's would have a field day with that.
A Cerberus huh? They like music right? I can play piano but I don't know any spells or charms to make it continue. Hmmm maybe I could ask Flitwick? What would I say though!? "Hey Flitwick how do I charm a piano to keep playing while I sneak past the Cerberus hidden in the school?" Ridiculous!

I sigh as I sit on the couch of the common room. It's been 3 days since I got the letter from Tom. I need to think of something and fast! "Ughhhh!" I groan in frustration "you good Vitani?" I hear Zane ask. Zane's a bit of a loner the opposite of his brother Gareth, but he can be nice we bonded over the fact that we both loved unicorns. "Ugh I need- ok this is gonna sound weird but I need to ask Flitwick about a charm I want to learn for something..private and I don't know how to ask without being suspicious..." I tried to explain my issues without giving much away. "Ok well what's the charm?" He asked. "I need a charm that will make a piano continue to play for a while." I stated bluntly, hopefully he won't get to suspicious..."why do you need that?" He asked confused. I was hoping you wouldn't ask! "Let's just say I'm doing a favour for someone" I tried to seem as unsuspicious as possible. He seemed to let his curiosity go because he sighed before he said "just tell him you need to practice your dancing for the Malfoy Christmas ball and you can't play the piano and dance at the same time. Flitwick isn't a very nosy person so you should be fine." He said Of course! That's so obvious! I'm an idiot I mentally slap myself for not thinking of that sooner. I had been invited to the ball as most Slytherins were. "That's a really good idea thanks Zane. I appreciate!" I said gratefully. "No problem, don't mention it, seriously don't." He said semi-seriously, I laughed like I said Zane was a loner and was somewhat rude to people.

I nodded before getting up and heading out the painting and up to the charms classroom.

As I was on my way I was suddenly shoved to the ground roughly. I look back to see Potter and his little posse. Great "is there a reason you shoved me or are you just a prat?" I said blandly getting up and brushing imaginary dust off. As I was about to leave I was suddenly shoved once more. Ok now I'm getting irritated...
"Who said you could get up you slimy snake?!" The weasel shouted "I don't remember asking permission so buzz off!" I said going to get up again....only to be shoved..AGAIN! "Mr. Potter! Mr. Weasley! Miss Granger! What do you three think you're doing?!" I hear a voice from behind me, I turn and see Professor Flitwick! They're lucky he came when he did. The Gryffindorks stuttered and splutterd not knowing what to say because they know Flitwick isn't discriminate towards houses and I'm his best first year student. "25 points from each of your 3 houses. I do not tolorate bullying! Now leave before I give you detention and DONT let me catch wind of you doing this again!" He said angrily, they nodded quickly and left just as. I stood up and turned to Flitwick thanking him. "No problem Miss Forest." He said before turning, I suddenly remembered why I was here and quickly called out to him. "Professor wait!" He turned back around "I needed to ask you a question about charms.." I said, this seemed to catch his attention. "And what would my best student need help on?" He questioned ok time to out my acting skills to work "well uh you see Professor..I was invited to the Malfoy's Christmas ball and I would like to practice my dancing, however I can't play the piano and dance, and I'm not comfortable doing it around my friends as I'm a bit rusty.." I say shyly whilst grabbing the back of my neck. Flitwick smiled softly before nodding "It's quite simple just say 'Aptus preservo' and swish your wand In a circular shape." He told me, I smiled and thanked him before heading on back down the my dorm, to practice a lullaby I could use to lull the hellhound to sleep.

I get to the common room and notice no one is there, and a piano is placed in the corner of the room. Was that there before? Whatever less walking and no one's here anyways least that's what I thought...

I sit at the piano and started playing the piano while singing along.

(Safe and sound by: Taylor Swift)

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound"  

As I play the last notes I hear clapping behind me. I quickly turn around and sigh. There stood not only like half of the Slytherins but also Professor Black, Lupin-Black, and Professor Snape. And at the very center of them was a smug looking Zane Ro'Meave. Traitor I glared at him
"You didn't tell me you could play piano Tani!" I heard Daphne yell at me. "Yeah and it was supposed to stay that way..Zane!" I said looking at him accusingly. He just put on an innocent face and shrugged. I scoffed, "it was very good Miss Forest, I myself play the guitar!" I heard Professor Black say happily. I nodded, then faked a yawned. "Well I'm tired so imma just hit the hay..... sooooo night!" I said quickly rushing to my dorm. "I'll get you back Zane." I muttered to myself before changing and going to sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow...

Hello lovelies!! How was the chapter! I hoped you enjoyed it!

~author-chan