12 | Sparks Fly

Red

Wretched. Betrayed. My heart has been ripped into two when we stop outside the cafe only to see Butter and Glitterpie devouring each other's mouth. Why am I in pain? I have no right. We are not official. Sure, we both admitted that we feel something special towards each other but we didn't even talk about dating exclusively so technically he could kiss whoever he wants.

The pain on my chest intensifies. My feelings for Butter keep going deeper and deeper. I think I can't pluck them out anymore. Butter is shocked when his gaze falls to my direction. That makes two of us. The difference is that I am hurting and he is what? Feeling guilty or unprepared to have an audience? Whatever.

"Betty, let's go." I command her to leave the place when Butter starts to head in our direction. "Betty!"

"I'm sorry, Red. Cupid Santa instructed me to pick him up on the way."

Dame.

I look outside in the opposite direction when Butter enters the car. I can't look into his face without thinking of the liplocking moment he had with Glitterpie.

"R-Red." I hear him stammer but I don't answer. He sighs and silence falls but he breaks it after a minute. "Talk to me, Red."

Luckily, we are already in front of Cupid Santa's house so when Betty stops, I jump out of the car quickly. But before I reach the front door, Butter is already beside me and opens the door.

He stops me from walking when he clutches my arms and turns my body to face him. He opens his mouth but Cupid Santa's guests beat him.

"Kiss. Kiss. Kiss." D&A, Chippy and Truffles say in chorus while moving their fists in excitement and we both look up to see a mistletoe. Is it there all along?

And kiss? No way. His mouth was in another girl's just now. "Don't you dare. I'm going to throw up if you kiss me." His eyes widen and face falls. He doesn't even hide that he's hurt by what I said.

"You don't want to kiss me?"

"Of course! Will you kiss two girls in one night?" That's disgusting. The elves gasp while watching us. "I didn't kiss her. She kissed me."

My heart rejoices in what he said, ignoring my brain. "Still, you shared saliva."

"Why are you complaining when you also kissed your ex?" He grits his teeth and narrows his eyes at me. A little pissed perhaps.

My jaw drops on the floor. How did he know? The thought that someone knows my whereabouts and what I am doing sends goosebumps all over my body.

As if he reads my thoughts, Butter speaks again. "Cupid Santa. He can see us."

Well, I'm not surprised if he can. And who kissed who? I kissed my ex? "That's different. It was just a peck on his cheek."

He scrutinizes me as if he doesn't believe in what I said. "You didn't kiss on the lips?"

"No, God no! We're over."

He smiles that make his eyes smile too which lights up his face. "Sorry if you throw up but I need this." I am startled when he pulls me and slams his lips to mine, swallowing my gasps. His hand travels up and down my side while the other holds my cheek, jaw until the back of my ear. Sparks fly. My eyes instantly close, my arms snaking around his neck and warmth gushes from my lips to every fiber of my being. His kiss is slow yet demanding, molding perfectly into mine. It's sweet, sweeter than fiction. I feel like I am being kissed for the first time and the loud thumping of our hearts form a beautiful song.

"Enough." Truffles' voice and the clapping sounds break our intimate moment. "We've seen enough and we don't want to see more."

Everyone chuckles and I bury my face in Butter's shoulder to hide my crimson and overheated cheeks. My legs are still unstable after the fervent kiss we shared.

"With that drama, I think we can complete the lyrics today." D&A stand and walk towards the grand piano. Applesauce is holding the pad and pen.

We detach from each other but Butter wroas his arm around my waist and gives me a quick peck on the cheek before we follow D&A. Truffles gives us the pads of white paper and pens which we have been using since the first day.

Applesauce looks at me and Dazzle starts playing with the piano keys. "This is what you wrote so far. Today was a fairytale, enchanted, call it what you want. You are mine forever and always when we meet in the Christmas Tree Farm."

I look at the guy beside me and the temperature rises again when I catch his intense gaze directed at me. I smile before returning my attention to Applesauce.

"And this is yours, Butter." Applesauce pauses to glance at him. "I'm the boy with luv, it's in my DNA. You're the girl of my dreams, euphoria, my universe. Permission to dance, I'm on fire like dynamite. Melting your heart like butter."

Dazzle stops playing. "Any new phrases to add?"

"Feel my heartbeat all night, a brand new day, she's my home." Butter says and I fiddle with my pen as his gaze pierces through me, causing my heart to thump against my chest.

I swallow, breathe in and breathe out before reading. "Sweeter than fiction, sparks fly, babe you're mine, the one, our song is out, our story is red."

Applesauce grins, tapping her hand on her lap. "Bravo! I guess we have our first song." She picks up the pad of paper and her pan. "Give me some minutes, I'll rearrange the words."

That is our queue to leave them alone as they discuss the music and lyrics.

I tug Butter's hand to join the lovely couple on the couch.

"Have some hot chocolates and sugar cookies." Chippy says, picking up the two mugs and the sweet ginger spiced aroma instantly hits my nose. Apparently, Butter also likes gingerbread hot chocolate.

"Thank you, Chippy." I get the round cookie with the snowman's face before sitting beside Truffles while Chippy and Butter walk towards the window.

"So," Truffles shifts in her seat to face me. "Did the two of you say the L word?"

I raise my eyebrow and sip my drink. "L word?"

"Love. Did he already confess his feelings?" She asks in a voice with so much anticipation, her eyes are twinkling.

"No. Did he tell you that he loves me?" I take a bite of my cookie. Although I dislike Glitterpie's attention to Butter, I have to admit that her cookies are the best.

"No. He doesn't have to tell me. The way he melts you with his intense gaze gives away your pent-up emotions. It's like taking the hot chocolate because you know it's gingerbread without asking what it is."

My heart races, heat travels to my whole body not because of the hot drink but of the words she has said. Do I love him? Love betrayed me multiple times. I admit that when it comes to Butter my emotions are always intense. Am I ready to love again? Does he love me too?

"Trust your feelings, Red. You know I am telling the truth here." I look at her, feeling exposed. "Don't fight it. Savor it. Feel the love that reaches your soul.

My eyes move to where Butter is. He moves his head to catch my eyes as if he knows I am looking. "I love you, Butter." I utter the words in an inaudible way.

He raises his eyebrow. He doesn't get the message...yet.

###
Title: Taylor Swift's Sparks Fly

I'm so behind my own schedule. We haven't reach the Christmas part but it's almost Christmas. Haha! I really hope you will still read it eventhough Christmas is over.

Lovelots,
Alya