21 | Wildest Dreams

Taylor to Red

Mom's hug is the warmest and most comforting embrace in this world. We are cuddled on the sofa, watching The Princess Switch 3 on Netflix while my Dad is busy on the phone. My parents own a department store in New York which is growing so most of the time they are there to oversee the business but we see each other every two months and they call almost everyday.

"Are you having nightmares about the abduction?" Mom asks while caressing my hair.

"No. Surprisingly, I'm fine. No nightmares but the paranoia while walking alone on the street is still there." I snuggle closer to her and she holds me tighter.

"Your Dad ensures that Markus will stay behind bars. His family apologizes for what he did to you and ensures that he gets the treatment he needs. When will I meet the boys who saved you?"

I owe my life to Max and Jimin. Perhaps they are the ones who made this ordeal easier or maybe the previous experiences hardened myself, making me stronger. After all, experience is the best teacher.

"I don't know Mom. They didn't tell me the details after sending me away from that old house." Did they get hurt?

"Maybe they don't want you to worry. Let's give them time and reach out to them after the holidays."

"Thanks Mom."

"I'm so proud of you." She kisses my cheek. "But it's for the best that you continue going to self-defense classes."

"I feel lazy going to classes alone." I'm pouting but I know very well that I need to be physically stronger to take down my attacker. I can't always rely on the thought that someone will always come to my rescue.

"We're not always around, sweetie." My Dad comes to join us. "We will be slightly at peace knowing you can defend yourself." He sits in the space next to Mom and puts his arms around her shoulder.

"You can ask Elle to go with you," Mom says.

"You always know how to convince me." I chuckle. "Thanks Mom and Dad." I pull away from her warm body.

"Where are you going? The movie isn't finished yet?" Dad asks.

I glance at the clock, feigning a yawn. Elf time. "I'm going to take a nap first." I kiss their cheeks. "I'll be up at midnight for our Christmas tradition."

As soon as I enter my room, I lock it and put on the elf hat. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I'll become an elf and get involved in any form of magic. When my body has calmed down and I see that my outfit changes after opening my eyes, I walk in front of the mirror.

I still hardly recognized myself. I run my fingers through my straight dark blonde hair and thick bangs. There is no trace of my bright blonde curly hair. I pout my red lips and shake my head to make the bells jingle and the pearl drop earrings to sway.

"If you continue pouting, we'll never leave this room."

I jump and almost scream when I hear Butter's voice behind me. "Holy moly Butter!"

I turn around and there he is, squatting in my window with a mischievous smirk on his lips as he runs his fingers to his elf hat. I chuckle when he looks up and realizes his hair is covered by the hat. The flutters make their way to my stomach and in a few strides, I am standing in front of him. I look at his chocolate brown eyes as his intense gaze travels from my eyes down to my lips.

"Come here closer." He sits on the window and pulls me closer in between his dangling legs and claims my lips. I melt in his arms as I wrap mine around his neck. This is my second favorite hug in the world. If Mom's hug gives me warmth and comfort, to be engulfed in Butter's arms makes me feel secured and protected.