25 | Everything Has Changed

Jimin

I never imagined that we were going to welcome the new year in the hospital. I don't want to dwell on the fact that we missed the grand celebration of waiting for the old year to end and welcoming the new one. Dorothea is fighting. The surgery has been successful and now we are praying to all Gods that she wakes up and has another chance to live her life with her man, with us.

"How is she?" Zach asks as soon as he arrives in Dorothea's private room and hands me a cup of coffee.

He has lived in the hospital since Dorothea was admitted. The dark circle under his eyes is proof of that. He only goes home to shower and sleep for a maximum of 4 hours. I could totally understand because if I were in his position, I won't take my eyes off my girl who can possibly leave me anytime...forever.

I take a long and deep breath. "Still the same. Thanks for this."

Heaving a sigh, he walks toward his fiancée. "Hello Babe, I miss you." Zach kisses Dorothea's pale cheek before placing his bag under the bedside table and takes a sip of his coffee. I saw him cry many times, begging for Dorothea to wake up but I guess his tears have dried up. He's moving into the acceptance state, which me and Dad are doing as well. We're hoping she will get through this but we have to prepare for the worst too.

I stand up from the chair and squeeze his shoulder. "I'm going now. Call me if there's any progress."

He nods while caressing her hair with eyes staring at her with so much longing. Looking at them, I wish I will have that kind of love with someone too, excluding the grim part.

🎅

"Hi. I'm Jimin," I say when a woman with bright wavy hair and hazel eyes opens the door. I guess she's TayTay's Mom.

"I am so looking forward to meeting you." I am surprised when she hugs me, so warm, tender and motherly. I almost burst into tears when my two Moms flash in my mind. It's been years since I felt a motherly embrace. When she pulls away, my body feels the cold winter air but warmth comes back when she smiles at me. "Marjorie Swift. Call me Marge or Marjorie."

"Nice to meet you Marjorie." I stop myself from saying that she fills the blank space that my Moms had left in my heart.

"Come in. Max is inside." She points to the doorframe where I can hear two voices, one is Max's.

I look around the living room painted in white, still decked with Christmas decorations, with a big TV screen mounted on the wall and a gray U-Shape sofa.

"Have a seat Jimin." I turn to see the man with blue eyes behind his spectacles. He sticks out his hand for a handshake. "Call me Tim." I take his hand and he gives me a firm and lingering handshake.

"Nice to meet you Tim. This apartment looks nice."

"No credits for me. All because of my girls." He chuckles.

"Hey, Dude." I give Max a fist bump before sitting beside him.

"Yo!" Max says.

"They're here."

I glance up to see Elle, emerging from the door, TayTay is behind her wearing a black leggings and a purple  top with white LOVERS text written above her chest. I have the white T-Shirt with black LOVERS written on it. Her shirt and her bright curly hair have made my day. Our eyes meet and my breath gets hitched when she smiles sweetly at me. That's so different from the mocking smile I got from the library when I asked for her number. I respond by giving her my most charming smile.

Everything happens so fast. TayTay loses her balance while walking toward us, her phone crashing on the floor. She bumps on Elle's shoulder who, luckily, doesn't budge before she's able to hold on to the edge of the sofa, muttering a silent curse.