|5| Chocolate

There is something different about being left behind this time, the ship feels lonelier than usual. At least you have the little bug to keep you company. You tinker about the ship fixing and streamlining some wiring, playing demon powers 'catch' with the baby and his ball, trying to keep him from eating EVERYTHING in the ship (but who can resist those eyes) and getting drawn into long debates of incoherent baby babble. It helps the time pass quickly and it's only the evening of the second day when you hear the ramp open. It's strange but your heart leaps at the sound, luckily you don't have to be embarrassed because the kid squeals in delight and jumps off your lap to waddle in that direction.

The cloud of freezing is just clearing as the two of you make it to the hangar. The kid scurries over to Mando, and you lean casually against the door way watching them as Mando crouches down to the kid who babbles excitedly at him and then scuttles off nibbling on a piece of fruit Mando gives him. Your heart skips again when his gaze finds you and he stands back up and starts in your direction. "Record time on that one." You smirk.

He tips your chin up to him, "Had a good incentive to get back."  he teases back.

He drags his finger from your chin down your neck and between your breasts and you arch into him. "I got you something." He says, his gaze following his hand. Then he pulls a package from his bag, and holds it out in front of you. You give him a suspicious look but take it from him. "You can wear it tonight, at dinner."

"A gift? Dinner?" You ask, arching an eyebrow and placing a hand theatrically on your chest "Mando, are you asking me on a DATE?"

He leans in to your ear, "I wasn't asking." He growls and your insides do a backflip. He gives you a smack on the ass and heads off to the fresher.

Mando is so efficient he's showered and re-armoured before you've even gathered up your stuff. It makes you a bit self conscious of how long it takes you to shower and throw on some rushed makeup. Then you unwrap the parcel and your jaw drops. For a man who is covered head to toe his whole life he sure isn't modest in his choice for you.

It's simple flowy fabric in a pale blue color, thin braided straps connected over your chest and a deep V cut to show front cleavage and side boob. But even that's nothing compared to the back which dips so low you can see the dimples over your bum, and slits on both sides that go all the way to your hip. Not sure if it's because you want to be a bit bratty or because it wouldn't be possible anyways - but you forgo any undergarments as well.

Mando is just closing the sleeping kid into his bunk as you come out.

He stalks over to you, circling you and eyeing you like his next meal. Goosebumps break out on your skin, and you feel even more exposed than you are. His hand slides up your thigh and onto your hip to the top of the slit, then back around the curve of your ass - clearly searching for what isn't there. "Naughty girl." He whispers into your ear. You grab his wrist before his hand can wander further - "Don't we have plans?" You ask, not sure you want to stop where this is going. He just grunts in response and gestures to the door.
"What about—"
"He'll be safe, we aren't going far." He replies, tapping on the ships door controls on his wrist. Right. You weren't always here to babysit and fix shit.

His hand finds your back and he guides you out of the ship and through the street. He's right of course, and you find a quaint restaurant just one street over. It's a bit crowded and you attract all sorts of eyes, which abruptly avert themselves when they catch sight of who is following you. Not sure you'll ever get used to this feeling of power next to him. He drags a finger down your spine as you get to your table,  lighting your skin on fire. It's not until you sit down that you realize the absurdity of being on a dinner date with someone who only eats when locked alone in a glorified closet.