| 16 | Bait

"Whats the plan here?" you ask, approaching the club.

"Plan? We're going to go in, you are going to dance and have a good time. I'm going to find my bounty."

"I could help you know..." you try to sound confident. "With your hunt. What's he look like?"

Din stops, pulls out a puck and flicks on a hologram image.

"What did he do?" Your eyes light up.

"Nothing too bad. Rich kid, got high on spice and wrecked speeder, then skipped out on his court date."

"So what do I get to do?!" You squeal.

He sighs, "you can..." he shrugs his shoulders, "tell me if you see him."

You snort. "I think I can be more help than that, Mando."

"What do you want to do then?"

"I can be bait."

"Bait?"

You nod up at him. "I will use my charming personality and get him alone, then you...like...I dunno...grab him - or whatever."

He laughs, "Sounds fool proof." Din starts for the club again. "Let's start with a drink."

You follow Din as he walks confidently past the lineup and up to the door. The bouncer gives Din a quick nod and opens the rope for you, and Din places his hand on your back and guides you in.

The club is insane. At first it seems like any club you've been to - dim lights except the dance floor which is full of sweaty people writhing against each other, a lively bar, loud music, booths along the sides and rows of VIP tables roped off along the back. But it's also unlike any club you've been to - everything seems to drip with wealth, you can almost smell it in the air. You feel out of place again as you make your way to the bar.

You smirk at the way Din stiffens up at all the eyes that start to fall on you as you make your way through the crowd. You have an extra bounce in your step as you watch the fear wash over then as they take notice of who is behind you.

Never getting tired of that feeling.

Din hands the bartender a stack of credits, "Anything she wants, all night." She nods and looks at you expectantly. "Umm, a bantha blaster?" you ask, biting your lip. She gives you a glance over, before making your drink and sliding it to you. You down it, it burns on the way down but it might be the best one you've ever had. You motion for another, this one you take a small sip of and then turn toward Din. He motions his head and you follow him to a dark corner off of the dance floor. You stand there with him, sipping away, starting to buzz and swaying with the music. When you  finish your drink he takes your glass and sets it on a nearby table. He spins you around to face the dance floor and whispers in your ear "Be good." before smacking your ass. You shoot him a smile over your shoulder and bounce over to the crowd.

You spend time rotating between the dance floor and bar. The drinks begin to makes your body warm and fuzzy, and the bass vibrates into your bones, your dress shimmering and shifting colors as you move your body. You can't remember the last time you danced, it's intoxicating. Even more so with the familiar feeling of Din watching you. You catch glimpses of him from time to time. Standing just out of the light, leaning against the wall - watching you. You can feel his gaze on your skin like fire. He looks intimidating as usual, but every now and then, the flashing lights catch in the beskar and dance beautiful colours across his armour. There is a small tug in your chest - when was the last time he danced?

You skip over to him. "You gonna sit here and rust all night? Or join me?"

"Working, Ner cyar'ika." He reaches out and gives your chin a tap. "Besides, I like the view."