| 17 | Ruined

Blood pounds in your temples as you open your eyes to the dim light of the hull. You smile when you see your water canteen and a packet of pain killers left for you, you down them before drudging yourself out of bed and tugging on your pants.

The normally soothing gentle sway of the ship moving through hyperspace is disorienting, and your danced-out legs feel less sturdy but you manage to haul yourself up the ladder and into the cockpit.

You squint at the brightness as you walk through the hatch. Din is sitting in his seat, baby in his lap, pointing at the map trying to explain how to read it. You smile at them as you take your seat.

"The mighty hunter lives." You can hear the smile in his voice. Grogu looks at you and coos. "That's right. She IS the most feared of us all."

You just roll your eyes and slump forward resting your elbows on your knees and your face on your hands.

"You should eat something cyar'ika." Din says.

"Stars no." You say rubbing your temples.

Din chuckles at you, "maybe a little more self control next time?"

You shoot him a sarcastic look, "Hey, you were the one with the stack of credits and the 'anything she wants' there Shiny."

"Just because it was there didn't mean you had to take it." He chuckles, "Giving into temptation is a sign of weakness you know."

You roll your eyes at him. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Drink your water at least, you'll feel better." He says, turning back to the dash to continue his teachings.

You take a sip and rest your head back against the seat. You close your eyes and listen to the two of them, smiling.

The day passes fast as you alternate napping and watching Din and the baby.

——

Din carries the sleeping kid to his bunk as you step into the fresher for a much needed shower.

You turn the water as hot as it will go just stand under it, letting it melt away any last bits of soreness from your body. Closing your eyes you step under the stream to wash your hair. Behind your eyelids images of Din in the club flood in; he looks so powerful - dangerous maybe - watching you from the darkness, intense and focused, only really visible when the colors of the strobe lights flash across his Beskar. You can practically feel his eyes now and it stirs in your core as you lather soap over your body, inhaling that signature scent.

Another image flashes as your imagination takes over - the same lights reflecting in your dress, illuminating the two of you in the shadows - one of his hands over your mouth, the other up your skirt. Would anyone see? In the flashes of light would they make out when if lifted you up pressed you up against the wall? Would they hear you moan out as he slammed into you over the pounding music? Is that what he imagines as he stands there, arms crossed leaning casually against the wall watching you writhe and sweat and dance away? Is the temptation there?

A devilish smile forms on your lips and you turn off the fresher.

The cockpit is dark when you step through the hatch, the only light is the soft colors of the dash.

Perfect.

Din turns his chair towards you as you start music on your datapad and set it down. His chair stops immediately when he sees the twinkle of the lights catching in your dress.

"What's this?" He asks, gesturing at your outfit.

"What?" You reply coyly, running your fingers down your body as you being to slowly wind with the music "I thought you liked watching me dance?" You make your way closer to him, you can feel his eyes on you just like before and it gives you a power high. You stare straight into the visor and continue until you are directly in-front of him. He reaches a hand to your hip and you smack it away. He tilts his head at you, testing you - but you hold firm. You shake your head and wag your finger at him, "Have some self control, Sir." He stares for a moment, contemplating before sighing and settling himself back.