| 11 | Din

Din wakes in a cold sweat. The images fading away; you lifeless and covered in blood, clothes torn away, the men laughing as they hold you down, you crying out for him but he was too late.

He presses his hands to his eyes and takes in a deep breath. As he steadies his breath he looks over at where you are asleep, snug as a bug and safe, he can almost make out your features in the tiny light cast from controls in the hull. The last 3 days has done nothing to relieve the tight feeling in his chest, the unfamiliar ache in his throat.

Fear.

Din sighs and carefully shimmies his way out of the bunk. He wanders to the fresher, splashes water on his face and tries to not meet his own eyes in the mirror - afraid of what he might see in them.

"It is not safe, for those who do not belong, to walk the way of the Mandalore." The Armorer's words ring in the silence.

Maybe she is right. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have come for her.

He remembers the feeling of being frozen. Unsure.

Before you he would have killed everyone of them without a second thought as soon as he walked in the door. Instead as he approached the ship, and seen a hunter standing in the doorway he felt himself turn to stone. For awhile he was completely unable to move, unable to breathe. Again as he watched that man hold a gun to your head, blood streaming down from where he struck you. Din could see him yelling but there was no sound. For a split second he is frozen again.

Hesitation. Fear.

Weakness...

Din slams his fist down on the sink and rushes out.

"Din?" Your voice rings through the ship like a song to his ears. His feet follow the sound back to the bunk.

"I am here." He calls out to you, ducking back into your bunk. He crawls over to you pulling you into him. "I am right here." He assures you once again.

When he feels your hand slip up his shirt along his chest, he catches it in his own - the guilt runs his blood cold. He can almost keep his resolves until you utter a quiet, soft "please."

He crashes into you like a tidal wave. Lips engulfing yours, hands grasping wildly pulling you into him. His urgency is matched by your own, spurring him on more. All his doubts begin melt away with every taste of your mouth, every beat of your heart he feels against his chest. He tears wildly at your clothes, tossing them aside as he kisses every inch of your flesh. As his lips find your already burning core, that sweet taste in his mouth makes him moan into you. He snatches your hand as it wildly searches for something to ground you and intertwines his fingers into yours. With every beautiful sound escaping you the feeling in his chest loosens. Every single worry he has felt the last 3 days seems to vanish the instant he hears you scream his name as you cum into his now smiling mouth. Slowly, Din drags himself up you, kissing his way back to your mouth. He cups your face in his hand, so soft and beautiful, he smiles down at your diligently clamped eyelids and places a kiss on each of them. He watches your features twist in pleasure as he sinks into you, your wet warmth engulfing him. A different feeling begins in his chest. As he grinds up into you, that feeling grows with every gasp, every breath, every needy sound he draws out of you. As he thrusts harder, deeper the warmth in his chest grows and Din tries his best to bury himself in it, in you. As he feels you clamp around him, watches your brows furrow and your eyes roll behind your lids he forgets completely what fear is, there is nothing in the world that could touch him in this place of peace. He buries his face in your neck as his motions become desperate, one word falling from him on repeat.

Your name.

It's like his very own prayer, his very own vow, his very own creed. He sinks his teeth into you as his body turns rigid and he spills into you.

You both stay like that for a time, clinging to each other in silence. Din feels your body being to relax and he finally releases you, rolling on to his side as you shuffle and press your back to his chest. He lays there in the dark running his fingers through your hair and listening to your breath as is slows and becomes quiet, sleep overcoming you once again.

But sleep doesn't find Din. The longer he lays there, feeling you so soft and fragile in his arms the more all the warmth, all the strength he felt fades and once again he feels his chest start to tighten...