The Sun

The group sat in a hole in the ground, covered in sweat.

Outside the hole the sun blazed down on them.

"How could this have happened? I can't believe... I can't believe we totally fell for it." Joseph muttered out.

-Hours before-

Having managed to halt The Lovers' invasive attack, Jotaro and company avoid the political unrest in Iran and Iraq, and instead cross the Arabian Sea at Karachi to arrive at the United Arab Emirates.

"Now then, if you'd be so kind as to sign this document, everything will be squared away, sir." The man at the front desk said.

"Right here, yes?" Joseph said signing his name.

"You know, if a pretty girl like you asked me to, I might even be inclined to buy a car." Polnareff said holding hands with a woman.

"My, aren't you sweet."

"How'd you feel about the two of us getting dinner sometime?" Polnareff asked.

"Polnareff, I hate to interrupt when you're obviously so busy, but..." Joseph said hitting the paper into Polnareff's head flattening his hair at the top.

"Mister Joestar!" Polnareff yelled standing up.

"Come on, it's time to leave." Joseph said.

"Seriously! Try not to mess with the hair! Do you know how hard it is to look this good?" Polnareff said trying to fix his hair.

"As if anybody cares about your hairdo. You're driving." Joseph said walking away.

"Righto. Bye, Mademoiselle." Polnareff said walking away.

"But Mister Joestar, I don't get why we're riding such a fancy expensive car in this sandy death trap. Wouldn't an off-road vehicle be better?" Polnareff asked making Joseph chuckle.

"You'll find out soon enough." Joseph said standing in front of the exit.

"Wow, this country's amazing! It's like every house is some kind of crazy mansion." Polnareff said as they drove through town.

"Indeed. In Tokyo, you'd need three to four billion yen to buy one of these." Joseph said looking at the map.

"This is the standard of living in this country. It wasn't but twenty years ago that this place was a barren. Though, thanks to thriving old industry, it's grown into a playground for the rich."

"That sun may be merciless, but it sure is nice and cool in here with the air-conditioning. Not too shabby." Polnareff said before glancing at Kakyoin in the rearview mirror.

"Oh?"

"What's wrong, Kakyoin?" Jotaro asked.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about how open the landscape is here. If anyone were after us, I'm sure we'd spot them. But I just can't shake the feeling that someone's watching us." Kakyoin said.

"Yeah, can't say I blame you." Polnareff said.

"Well, back to business. I've given a bit of thought to route we should take." Joseph said turning to show the three in the back the map.

"About a hundred kilometers northwest is a village called Yarpline. The desert and mountains make taking a direct route near impossible. It takes two days to reach by car, so the locals use a Cessna to get there." Joseph said slapping the map.

"We should go to the village and buy a Cessna, then we can cross the vast Saudi Arabian desert."

"You know, I've been apprehensive about getting anywhere near a plane. If a Stand user attacked and the plane went down, we'd be putting innocent lives at risk. With a Cessna, I could be the pilot. We'd be able to save some time for sure." Joseph said making the three grimace.