Ram-Lakshman

King Dashrath was sitting on his throne, submerged in deep thought. There, his twins were letting out their infamous cry; he could hear them even they were with Sumitra. Finally, Guru Vashisht asked what was the king thinking about.

"I wonder how did Sumitra gave birth to these stormy ones for she is the most calm queen of three." Replied Dashrath.

Guru Vashisht smiled at his answer. Well, he definitely knew the reason for which the twins are being restless. It has been quite a time but it seemed neither the king nor the queens came to understand the bond among the brothers. He decided to help, after all the twins' scream seemed to crash down the whole palace after a while.

He proceeded, "Dashrath, take your younger children to their older brothers. The brothers are missing each other."

Though king Dashrath could not undersrand how these few days old humans could miss each other, he followed his Guru's advice. The order was send to the queens immediately, and the queens followed the instruction. Kaushalya and Kaikeyi both noticed though Ram and Bharat were not crying, they were being restless over something. The moment Sumitra came to the room with the twins, both the restlessness of the two and crying of Shatrughan stopped. But it was hard to control Lakshman as now he was squirming to get down and letting out angry cries. As Kaikeyi was near to Sumitra, she helpled her by taking Shatrughan from Sumitra's hand and placed him near Bharat.

Sumitra being tired of all the noise of the little one, placed Lakshman gently in the craddle of Ram. To everyone surprise, the whole world calmed down and there was a feeling of balance. Baby Ram was happy beyond anything, his generally composed expression was now giving all the details of his excitement, while baby Lakshman was uncharacteristically  composed and seemed to be in a state of devotion.

Well, after that day, Ram and Lakshman were inseperable.

         ~•~•~•~ Scene Changes ~•~•~•~

It was not only the toddler twins, but also the queens who sometimes became mischievous. They decided to teach brothers 'hide and seek'. As the rules, they hide Ram, Bharat and Shatrughan and let Lakshman find them. It was not long he found out Bharat and Shatrughan. But Kaikeyi decided to hide Ram bit far from the toddler's reach.

The chubby toddler Lakshman now kind of running around to find his eldest brother. All the happiness from finding the other two were now gone, and a tensed expression took place instead. With the time, he was becoming impatient as he could not found Ram. The toddler became red in anger, he was calm, it was that calm before the storm. The queens did not expect such reactiom from a child who is only at his two hardly.

Suddenly, Ram came running towards Lakshman, to Kaikeyi's surprise, as she was pretty sure she hid Ram much far from Lakshman. It was clear to her at that moment, that, Ram could sense Lakshman's emotions. Ram encircled Lakshman in a hug and Lakshman let out a silent sob. He was now got rid of all the tensions. It made the queens feel bad that they planned this little mischief.

Some hours later, the scenario was that, Ram is being protective and not letting the queens come near his little brother, as they were the reason for his restlessness. That little brother was now sleeping peacfully on the lap of his, and Bharat and Shatrughan were calm and collected and sat on the either sides of Ram.

The incident made their parents understand, not only Lakshman but Ram also could not stand if something bothers his brothers, specifically Lakshman.

        ~•~•~•~ Scene Changes ~•~•~•~

The first night at gurukul.