Hypnotic Taken Over Me (3)

"Yes, I wanted to talk too." Urmila replied. Another thunder rumbled, both of them looked towards the sky.

"We need to get a cover. Is there any place nearby?" He asked.

Urmila nodded in yes and gestured Lakshman to follow her. There was a hut few feet away from the clearing, may be someone lived there once upon a time. It was small and shabby, but could protect them from the rain.

"Who drenches in rain when could take a shelter?" Lakshman asked annoyedly.

Urmila gave him her best fake smile, "Me."

Lakshman furrowed his brows, "Yes, I can see that."

"What's your problem?" Urmila huffed.

"Huh?"

"I asked, what's your problem with me? Whatever I say, whatever I do, you seem annoyed. Even when the kings were talking about our marriage proposal, you got angry. If you don't want this, just tell. Why are you making things complicated?" Urmila was angry. Angry for not knowing why thinking about a rejection from him was hurting her? Angry for not understanding why this prince's every ignorance has impact on her mind?

"You speak a lot." Lakshman stated, amused.

"And you don't," Urmila sounded defeated, suddenly she burst into tears, "And also you don't want to marry me, you came here to reject me, and now making fun..." Urmila stopped at her words because Lakshman put his hands on her lips. His cold rough hands against her soft warm lips- their first touch. For a moment they both forgot to breath. He removed his hands from her mouth. But his thumb ran over the tears to dry them.

"Why are you crying Urmila?" He asked gently.

"I don't know. I don't know what it is I feel for you. But it hurts to think that I am unwanted to you." Whispered Urmila.

"I love you." Announced Lakshman.

For Urmila, world stopped turning around. She could not believe her ears. The man who seemed so ignorant to her presence, was saying he loved her! Her face flushed. Her heart tightened. Her soul smiled. Wait! Was not it her Sita didi said to her, when she met prince Ram for the first time? Love. The sudden realization dawned upon Urmila.

"But I do not know if this marriage proposal brings any good for any of us."

"What do you mean?" Urmila was confused. One moment she saw hope, in the next it shattered. She knew Lakshman did not want to get married ever, but now that he said he loved her, why was he makiny things complicated for him, for her... for them?

Flashback

King Dasharath came to Mithila with Bharat and Shatrughan. Their happiness knew no bound. Dasharath was proud of Ram. He was joyous that his son was going to start a new journey of his life. Mithila's knowledge and humility touched his heart. He knew by heart, no one could be a better match than Sita for Ram. After all, she was Janak's daughter.

Where the parents were busy in discussing ceremonies and dates, four love stories started taking their turns slowly. Bharat and Shatrughan were no less than other two brothers. Good looks seemed to be in their genes!

In nature, Bharat was like Ram, gentle and calm. He was an introvert as well as shy. He was a great warrior, trained by his grandparent and uncles in Kekaya; but at first glance no one could guess how fierce and determined he could be. Mandavi soon find herself pulled towards his gentle nature, contrasting her impulsive one. Bharat reciprocated the same.

Shatrughan was the baby brother, he was gentle for sure but there was a mischief glint in his eyes. He was less reserved than his other brothers, made funny and silly jokes, taking his place in Sunaina's and Chandravaga's heart in no time. Which irritates Shrutkeerti a lot, she was the baby one of the family and now she had to devide all the attentions given to her with some prince. But after a little while, a friendship started building between these two. Though boyish, Shatrughan was kind and attentive to those around him.