I: The Vanishing of Will Byers

November 6th, 1983
Hawkins, Indiana

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you into darkness," Mike Wheeler mysteriously says to his best friends sitting around the table. Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers and Tristan Harrington. All of them sit around a table littered in food wrappers, plates, cans and of course the d&d board that is placed infront of them. Tristan sits next to his best friend Will as the game continues.

"It is almost here." Mike continues as Tristan stares at the board, fidgeting with his leather glove over his right hand, as he waits for something to happen.

"What is it?" Will asks, who is sitting on Tristan's left. Tristan averted his eyes away from the board to Will. He smiles lightly before looking back at the board.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin's panicked voice speaks up. Will leans back in defeat as Tristan laughs at Wills actions. Causing a light blush to spread across Wills cheeks.

"Oh, Jesus, we're screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin continues, still in panic.

"Maybe its not though. Don't get so worked up just yet." Tristan says as he throws the empty pop bottle at Dustin as it hits his chest. Dustin throws the pop bottle back at Tristan and hits him in the face causing everyone to chuckle.

"T's right. Maybe its not the Demogorgon. Maybe something else." Lucas, who sits on Tristan's other side, says. Tristan nods in agreement with Lucas.

"A army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike exclaims as he place the figures on the board. Tristan high-fives Lucas then Will. Dustin only stares at the board.

"Told ya!" Tristan mocks Dustin from across the table.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin queshtions, not impressed, as Tristan smirks. Mikes face went serious causing Tristan to sit up straighter. He didnt cebebrate to soon, did he?

"Wait a minute," Mike starts again but this time it almost felt eerie. "Did you hear that? That. . . that sound. Boom. . . boom. . . Boom!" Mike slams down on the table making everyone flinch due to the loud sound. Tristan scrunches his gloved hand into a fist.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that came from something else." Mike went quiet. If the suspense wasnt already enough it just doubled.

"The Demogorgon!" Mike shouts as he slams the figure onto the table. Tristan throws his head back in anger.

"We're in deep shit." Dustin complains. Tristan throws another pop bottle at him. Missing but was close.

"Will, your action!" Mike yells at his other friend. Will looks to Tristan only to find him sprawled all over his chair. Will silently laughs. He turns back to everyone now in slight panic. Tristan has a plan for everything. But when he had nothing for this Will was in worrie.

"I don't know!" Will exclaims, thinking about every possible move he could make.

"Fireball him!" Lucas yells. Tristan sat up straight looking at Lucas with wide eyes.

"That is like one in a hundred chance roll!" Tristan yells out. He sat up and hunched over the board, hoping a different idea comes to mind.