XIII: Dig Dug pt1

Tristan stands at the other side of the room, near Will's window as Will explains what is going on.

"It's. . . it's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing." Will explains as he sat on his bed. Sweat was dripping down his forehead, his clothes soaked. Tristan dragged a finger across the drawings.

"Like in the Upside Down?" He asks, following the root. Will nods, eyes focusing on something in front of him.

"Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too." Will says.

"Like, here. Right now in this room?" Tristan asks walking closer to him.

"In this house and. . ." Will stops, tears were beginning to form in his eyes.

"In me." Tristan takes a seat next to Will.

"It's like. . . It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel." Will explains.

"Like how you see the now-memories." Tristan says.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now it's like. . . Now I remember. I remember all the time." Will says with shaking hands. He didn't want to cry, not in front of Tristan. He didn't want to feel weak, but it's scaring him. Tristan lightly placed is ring finger on wills hand, then three more fingers. Will was surprised to feel Tristan cool to the touch. Soon Tristan was holding Will's hand.

"Maybe this is a good thing. That you can see and feel what it's feeling."

"Good?" Will turns to Tristan with pleading eyes. Tristan holds Will's hand slightly harder.

"Think about it Will. You're. . . you're like a spy. A Superspy. Spying on it. If you know hat he's feeling and seeing. . . maybe that's how we can stop it. Maybe this is happening for a reason." Tristan says to Will.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do." Will's gaze falls on the old drawing of the shadow monster.

"What if he figures out we're spying on him? What if he spies back?"

"He won't."

"How do you know." Tristan turns so he's facing Will's side. He grabs Will's other hands, forcing him to look at Tristan.

"We won't let him. And even if he does we'll have a plan. I've already lost you once, and I'm not planning on attending you're funeral again. I swear that I will protect you. I promise." Tristan says, the words falling out of his mouth. Will nods. Tristan stands up, letting go of Will's cold hands. He goes over to  Will's dresser and takes out a different t-shirt.

"Here, change." Tristan hands him the shirt. Will grabs and does a small smile.

"I'll wait outside. Is it alright if I stay?"

"Please." Will whispers.

                   _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Will wakes up gasping, sitting up straight. Tristan, who was on the floor in one of Will's old sleeping bags, woke up with him.

"Will, what's wrong?" He asks Will as he quickly gets out of the sleeping bag. Will looks at Tristan, afraid.

"I. . . I saw Hopper. He's hurt, I think." Will says taking in short gasps. Tristan and Will walk down the hall to find Mrs. Byers siting on the floor, her phone right beside her.

"Mom, mom." Will says as he gras her shoulder. She quickly turnes.

"I saw him." Will says to her.

"You saw who, baby?"

"Hopper. I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die." Will tells her.

            _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Will ferociously drew on the paper in purples, blues, and browns. Tristan and Mrs. Byers stand behind him, watching. After a few minutes he stops. Mrs. Byers walks foards, so she's right next to him.

"Hey, is this where you saw him? Is this where you saw Hopper?" She stuters out.

"I think so. Yeah." Will says as Mrs. Byers takes the paper. Her and Tristan look for its placement along with the others. Tristan looks up and down until he found it.

"Here!" Tristan shouts to Mrs. Byers. She quickly goes to him as he points to the fridge.

"So this is where Hopper is?" She questions.

"Yeah. Now we just need to find out where here is. Did he say anything to you? Before he left?"

"Something about vines?" Mrs. Byers says. A car pulls into the driveway.

"Hopper." Joyce whispers out. Her and Tristan go to the living room window but realize that its just Bob. Tristan watches at Joyce goes out there with Bob, sends him away then yells his name. Soon Tristan, Will, Joyce and Bob were standing in the living room, surrounded by Will's massive drawing.

"Huh. Hmm. You drew all these yourself?" Joyce answers for him with a nod.

"Why, exactly?" Bob questions.

"I. . . I told you the rules. No questions, okay? We. . . we just need you to help us figure out what. . . Bob? Bob? Over here." Joyce gestures to where he is walking. He hands the brain games to Tristan who takes them over to the table and sets them down.

"Where. . . where this is." Joyce says as she draws a large red 'X' in red crayon.

"We need to find where this is." Tristan says to him.

"Yeah? What's at the X? Pirate treasure?" Bob jokes.

"Bob, no questions." Joyce tells him.

"Okay. Let me talk to you for a second. Hang on, guys." He tells Tristan and Will. Will turns to Tristan. His hand felt empty with out's Tristan's touch.

"You think he'll get it?"

"Maybe." Tristan answers. The two boys take a seat waiting for Joyce and Bob to come back.

"Okay, I get it. That's Lake Jordan. And if that's Lake Jordan, then you can probably find. . . Yeah, that's, uh, Sattler's quarry. And if you just follow it naturally. . . it moves to the Eno River. An there it is. That's the Eno, do you see it? Okay, so the lines aren't roads. But they act like roads. And they act like roads 'cause when you follow 'em, you'll see. . . they don't go over water. And that's the giveaway. That's the givaway. Ha! Don't you get it, it's not a puzzle." Bob says. Tristan looks up and around the room.

"It's a map of Hawkins." Tristan says as he turns to Will.

                 -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_