VII: The Bathtub pt1

When Tristan enters Mike's basement he throws himself on the couch. He was tired of this, he just wants Will to be home. Mike takes Eleven into the bathroom. Tristan rakes a hand through his hair to fix it. The walkie began to make static noises.Dustin rushes to the bathroom to get Mike and Eleven.

"Guys! It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble." Dustin pants out. Mike and Eleven exit the bathroom after Dustin. The walkie-talkie had static coming from it.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asks as he reaches for the walkie.

"Yeah." Mike says. Dustin looks to Mike with the walkie in hand.

"What if he found it?" Lucas's voice went over the radio in small segments. Different words cut out by static. Tristan stands and walks over to them as Lucas continues to shout over the radio.

"What's he saying?" Mike asks as he holds the walkie closer.

"I don't know, he's way out of range." Dustin tells Mike. Mike holds the radio closer to his ear.

". . . son of a bitch!" Lucas yells.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." Mike talks through the walkie. There was more of Lucas's shouting but only a few actual words got through.

"'Mad hen'. Does that mean anything to any of you?" Dustin asks all of them. Tristan allowed his brain to mix the words and find words that could sound like them.

Mad kin.

Bad hen.

Bad men.

"Bad men." Both Tristan and Mike say at the same time. The walkie goes out again.

"Bad men!" Mike tells Dustin. Tristan looks to Eleven.  Mike and Dustin look at eachother before Mike looks to Eleven.

"Stay here. T-"

"Go, I'll pack our things." Tristan says before rushing around. Mike and Dustin run up the stairs. Tristan throws everything into everyone's bags. A soft voice spoke up behind him.

"I'm sorry."

Tristan turns around and looks to Eleven.

"It's okay. I'm not mad, I'm just angry with them. The bad men. I won't let them take you." Tristan says as he shoves his pocket knife in his pocket. Mike and Dustin run down the stairs.

"We need to go, now!" Mike says to them. Tristan gets on his bag and heads out the door and gets to his bike. Everyone else follows suit very quickly. Tristan gets on his head set, one similar to Dustin's and brings the mic to his mouth. He quickly walks his bike behind Dustin. They then go into a jog. When the get closer to the road they get on their bikes. Tristan looks up to see Papa. His eyes widen when he sees Tristan but then he looks to Eleven.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go ,go!" Dustin yells as they begin to ride off. The men run back to their vans. Tristan speeds up next to Mike and Eleven.

"Dustin? Tristan? Do you copy?" Lucas's voice asks from the head set. Tristan allows Dustin to speak for them.

"Yeah, Lucas, they're on us." Dustin tells him.

"Where are you?"

"Cornwallis." Tristan says.

"Meet me at Elm and Cherry!" Lucas yells.

"Copy, Elm and Cherry!" Tristan says loudly for Mike to hear.

"Okay." Mike says. They cut through a road then to another. Tristan looks and sees two vans coming up behind them. Tristan slows a bit which allows Dustin to pass him. Tristan. looks behind him and uses his power. He sends a ball of black towards one of the vans. It devours it, leaving no trace. He quickly catches up as they ride their bikes through a playground with three girls messing around.