VII: The Bathtub pt2

Tristan stands next to Dustin as Eleven takes off her socks. Mrs. Byers hands Eleven the tapped up goggles and giving her a nod. Eleven slips the goggles on her face. Tristan looks around the empty gym. It was weird seeing it empty.

Eleven sits in the water and lays on her back. The water keeps her buoyant as he floats. The lights flicker before going out on half of the gym. He continues to watch with everyone. Tristan notices her small head movement, but other than that, everything was fine.

"Barbra?" Eleven asks out.  No one says a word, only glancing at eachother before landing on Eleven. The lights flicker again and die out. Leaving everyone in a empty, black quietness.

"What's going on?" Nancy asks no one in particular.

"I don't know." Mike answers as he looks tat her.

"Is Barb okay? Is she okay?" Nancy asks in desperation. Tristan notices Eleven's movements again, and her mouth forming words.

"Gone. Gone." She says over again. Tristan's eyes land on the floor. Eleven continues as Nancy covers her mouth. Mrs. Byers tries to comfort Eleven.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay." It was no use. Eleven continues to get louder, only saying:

"Gone. Gone!" Mrs. Byers holds Eleven's arms, trying to make Eleven calm down. Eleven stops for a moment, allowing Mrs. Byers to continue.

"It's okay. It's okay, we're right here. We're right here, honey. It's okay. I got you." Mrs. Byers continues on soothing her. Tristan could only watch, his mouth dry. He's never seen Eleven in this state and he never had to do this. Mr.s Byers stops after Eleven finally calmed down. Only a moment goes by when Eleven speaks again.

"Castle Byers." Everyone was silent, no one making a word.

"Will?" Tristan leans closer to Eleven. As if he could get anything more from the name.

"Tell him, I'm coming. Mom is coming." Mrs. Byers tells Eleven. The static on the radio turns into words. Words from Will, a voice Tristan had not heard in weeks.

"H-Hurry." Tristan could tell how sick Will is. Mrs. Byers frantically tells Eleven to tell him stuff but Tristan didn't care. He dove into his memory, relaying that singular name. Over and over. Tristan didn't know if they would make it, he didn't know if this would be the last thing he heard him say. So he must remember it.

Eleven shoots up from the water. Gasping and ripping of the goggles. Tristan looks at her as he backs up into Mrs. Byers arms. Everyone just watches her as Mrs. Byers comforts her again. Eleven starts to cry.

         -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Tristan sits by Lucas as Eleven gets wrapped up in a towel. She lays her head on Mike's shoulder, tired. Tristan rubbed Eleven's shoulder then removes his hand. He was happy to know that Will is alive.

Thats all that matters.
____________________________________________

Short chapter but I think its good enough.