IV: The Body

Tristan awoke then rolled over. His eyes still hurt from the crying and he felt super sluggish. He rolled over to face his alarm clock. 5:18. Tristan hides is face into his fluffy sheets. Footsteps approaches the door. Tristan hides his face farther, not because he's scared but because he knew Steve was going to make him go to school. The door opens revealing Steve dressed and ready. He walks over to Tristan's bed and sits down.

"I called your school and told them you weren't going into day," This makes Tristan look up.

"Just, just don't burn the house down." Steve messes up Tristans hair before leaving. Tristan laid in bed for a while, until 5:30, then got up. Tristan gets on a y/s/f/c (your second favorite color) and black sweatpants. He never stayed home much, let alone a whole day. Tristan slowly walks down the stairs to get to the kitchen. He was surprised to find breakfast already made. On the counter is a large plate with (how ever you like your eggs), sausage, bacon and toast. As he walked closer he noticed there was a note in Steve's messy handwriting. All it said was that he's sorry about Will and that he gets to stay home. Tristan heated up the breakfast and ate it slowly, he didn't really feel hungry.

Tristan covered the leftover food with plastic wrap and placed it in the fridge. He walked up the stairs and back to his room to get dressed. Nothing special, just a black shirt and a pair of cargo pants. He sat on his bed with pictures of him and Will. Some of them where here, swimming when Tristan's and Steve's parents were away, some at Mike's but most of them were at the Byers house. Tristan's radio wen't off.

"Tristan, this is Lucas, do you copy?" Tristan smiled a bit. Will isn't dead, Eleven must have showed Mike. Tristan dropped the pictures onto the bed and reached over to the walkie.

"This is Tristan, I copy. Over."

"Head to Mike's. He said something crazy about Will. Just head over there. Over."

"Okay, over and out." Tristan turned off his walkie and grabbed a jacket before heading out to get his bike. Then he remembered that it is still at the Byers place. Tristan grumbled and started his jog to the Byers house.
              _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Tristan arrived at Mike's house twenty minutes later with his bike. He walked into the house and down into the basement. Everyone else was already there. Tristan watched as Eleven messed with the walkie, hearing static and some sort of wimpering. What it was Tristan did not know. But he knew Eleven was trying and that means that Will is alive.

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike asks his friends.

"Yeah, I heard a baby." Lucas states.

"What?" Mike asks confused.

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburn's next door." Lucas objected. Tristan wanted to believe Mike but Lucas wasn't really wrong.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike says loudly.

"Mike. . ." Lucas tried but Mike interjected.

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!" Mike shot at Lucas.

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess--"

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin asks.

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somewho, she's channeling him." Mike tries to explain.

"Like. . . like Professor X." Dustin says. Mike agrees.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas asks Dustin with a 'are you serious' expression. Dustin looks at Mike and Tristan before answering.