VIII: The Upside Down

Tristan sits in the bleachers near Mike and Eleven. Eleven's head rests on Mike's shoulder, she's tired. Tristan watches as Mike checks his watch then stands and leaves. Eleven glances back at Tristan who is holding a photo. In it is Tristan and Will laying on the grass, laughing at something Lucas had said. You could see the others in the background. Tristan took the photo, and kept it since.

"They're gone."

"What?"

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car is gone." Mike explains while walking back to the group.

"They're probably sucking face somewhere." Dustin says it like it's normal. Mike makes a few noises in disgust.

"No. No way!"

"Did they go with the chief?"

"I don't know." Mike answers. Eleven looks at Mike.

"No."

"What? Did you see them? Do you know whee they went?" Mike bombarded El with questions as Tristan places the photo in his back pocket.

"Yes."

"Where did they go?" Tristan asks making Eleven look up to him. She stays quiet for a moment before saying one word.

"Demogorgon." The boys glance at eachother with worry.

          _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Guys! Guys, this is crazy. We can't just wait around." Mike says t his friends. They each had walked off the bleachers so they can talk. Eleven says on the bleacher, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas explains. Tristan nods.

"Yeah, and we don't know where your sister is." Dustin adds on.

"El can find them." Mike gesters back to Eleven.

"Mike, look at her. She isn't strong enough to do anything like that." Tristan explains.

"What about you? Can you find them?" Mikes asks Tristan. He looks to the ground then back up at Mike.

"I can't. It's not my ability."

"We should just stick to the cheif's plan." Dustin suggests.

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan." Lucas explains to Mike. 

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so. . ." Dustin says and begins to walk away.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike shouts as Dustin continues walking.

"I am. I'm just gonna get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit." Dustin explains as he leaves.

"Are you serious?" Mike asks as Lucas begins to walk after Dustin.

"El needs to be recharged!" Dustin yells back in responce. Tristan smiles as he watches two of his friends walk away. Tristan pats Mike's shoulder before walking to the bathrom. After he does his businsess he goes over to the sink and removes his glove. His skin still had a pink and white color to it, defining how bad the burn way so many years ago. He runs luke warm water over his hand. He laces the glove over his hand again.