Never Have I Ever

"Never have I ever... played an instrument."

You put a finger down and groaned. After you both had calmed down, Camilo had suggested you play Never Have I Ever to pass the time. There wasn't much to do in a dark hole. You were desperate. And bored.

"Guitar," you explained to Camilo's surprised expression. "My father is a craftsman." You cleared your throat. "Okay, okay, my turn. Never have I ever cheated in a game."

Camilo sheepishly put a finger down. You gasped with exaggerated shock. "Only once!" Camilo protested. "Cheating is pretty much impossible when Dolores can hear your every move. She caught me right away." 

"Never have I ever gotten into a fight." You didn't put a finger down and shrugged. You'd never had a reason to. "Aw, that's cute." Camilo snickered and inclined his head toward you.

"Never have I ever shapeshifted into a shopkeeper to get information out of someone."

Camilo raised his eyebrows. "That was mean." His lips curled upward and he folded a finger down.

You smiled and shrugged. "Maybe,"

"Fine. If that's how we're playing," Camilo said, smirking as he tossed a pebble against the wall. "Never have I ever had a crush on a Madrigal."

You put down a finger and shook your head. "You got me." You threw a hand in the air in defeat. "Wow, Camilo. I really tried to hide it."

Camilo arrogantly leaned back, successful. "Heh. It was pretty obvious."

You sighed and earnestly locked eyes with Camilo. "Yeah, I'm totally into your dad."

Camilo's jaw visibly dropped and you laughed hard.

"(Y/n)!" He said, embarrassed. He jokingly reached out his hand and shoved you. "Just... go. It's your turn." He muttered, biting his cheek while trying not to laugh.

"Mmm," You said with a triumphant grin. "Never have I ever knocked over a statue during the Festival of Suns."

Camilo tilted his head, confused. "What's that?"

You furrowed your eyebrows. "How can you not know about the Festival? The whole village celebrates it- it's like, the biggest holiday!"

Camilo frowned, shrugged, and turned the palms of his hands upward. "We don't celebrate that. Is it a family tradition?"

Something was off. You had vivid memories of village-wide dancing contests, festival decorations, and everyone taking off work. Even if Camilo had never left casita, he would have heard of it. First the dream, then this. Why were there gaps in your memory?

"(Y/n)! Look!" Camilo said, jostling you out of your thoughts. His voice was heavy with relief.

Paws. Digging. A hole.

"We're coming! Hang on!" Mirabel's muffled call floated from behind the rocks.

You and Camilo exchanged a hopeful glance. In a bold move, you reached out and held Camilo's hand.

"I knew it, you are into me," he whispered for just the two of you, giving your hand a gentle squeeze.

Light filtered filtered through the hole and Camilo and you tumbled out.

Time to find out what's really going on.

Author's Note:

Hey! Thank you guys so much for all of the support. Heads up, I won't be updating on Christmas, so enjoy the day if you celebrate! Encanto is finally on Disney Plus, by the way, if you want to fan the flames of your Camilo obsession.

Love you all, and Worth the Shot will be back soon!

Merry Christmas! <3