Maze of Memories

Author's note:

OKAY OKAY I'm literally in love with this fanart from @EstudioCat The way she drew these scenes of Camilo is DOING THINGS to my emotions ahhhh They're super talented; go hype them up in the comments!!!

Sidenote: If you decide to draw fanart of y/n, know that her having black hair/lighter skin is not canon. You can draw her however you want, or just make her look like you! I noticed a few comments of people getting upset about not being represented in the drawings, and that's entirely valid. Thank you so much for voicing how you feel about this, and know that I really do care about including all of you. Artists, I'd love to see different skin/hair tones in your future works! That being said, I will not tolerate any insults to the artists or their work. Any hurtful comments/comment threads will be removed. Please message me privately if you have a serious complaint about any fanart I post on here; It's important to me to hear what you're feeling!

Here's the drawing SushiiCina made of (y/n) with a different skin tone. SushiiCina was SO NICE in drawing a variety of different skin tones for y/n. *round of applause for SushiiCina* I know she doesn't have textured hair here, but maybe some future artists would be interested in drawing a version of y/n like that? Again, I apologize to any POCs who felt left out by the past two fanarts. That was not my intent and I'm sure it wasn't the artists', either!

Love you guys! <3

BACK TO THE STORY

BACK TO THE STORY

"Abuela?"

She's alive. My father wiped her from everyone's memories, but he left her alive! Joyful, warm relief pooled in you chest. You'd missed her so much.

"Abuela?" The familiar wrinkled face studied you with suspicion. "I've never been an abuela. Wanted to, but that daffy excuse for a man left me as soon as I miscarried." She clicked her knitting needles together thoughtfully. "That was a long time ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry," you frowned, fighting off disappointment. Even if she didn't remember you, at least she was alive.

"Why are you in my house?" Your fake abuela eventually eyed you with confusion. "No one ever wants to come to my house."

"Oh," you fumbled for an excuse. Clues could be poking out from behind a dresser or from under a floorboard. You couldn't just leave. An idea flitted into your head like a hopeful moth. You importantly cleared your throat. "It's very serious. I'm here on behalf of the Madrigals."

"The Madrigals," She whispered, her eyes glimmering excitedly. You truthfully nodded. "Come, come," she gleefully offered, hobbling further into the house. "Search anywhere you'd like. A friend of the Madrigals is a friend of mine."

"Okay, thanks- thank you," You'd almost said abuela. Your heart swelled at your pretend grandmother's kindness. I wish she remembered me. I feel as if she's been with me forever.