A Love Letter to the Readers

Hello, Mariposas! Here we are, teetering over the end of this story. Squinting over the metaphorical edge, wondering what comes next. This sparkling world of Camilo, butterflies, and magic whisked me off my feet. I never thought I'd be crafting an epilogue to close the curtain.

(An epilogue IS coming! I'm working on it, it should be out within the next week! There are a couple things to tie up, like Mirabel's fate, the Madrigal reaction to Bruno's death, and what becomes of Sebastian, Gothel, and Marcos.)

You know, this is as much of your story as it is mine. Now that it's coming to a close, I'll admit that your comments have often guided my hands on the computer keyboard.

Sebastian's iconic line, "I made out with her and she loved it?" Yeah, I totally got inspiration for that from someone's comment.

Bruno exposing Alma? She absolutely deserved it, and from reading... the more colorful comments, I knew you all wanted her to face justice.

I don't think I truly hated Marcos until you all did.

Camilo was supposed to be the one who died. I had his entire death scene tucked away in a quiet, unpublished chapter since the prophecy. But rereading the way you reacted to Camilo's smug jokes, bruises, and kisses, I knew this story wouldn't feel complete if death ripped him from it. Now, I like to believe that Bruno knew he had a choice: him or Camilo. Destiny could have fallen either way, but Bruno loved his family and his nephew enough to sacrifice himself.

If you ever commented here, you've created something. Your novel ideas, sincere reactions, and hopeful imaginations thread together this spiderweb of a community. I've messaged with interesting people, considered genius theories, and giggled out loud reading your sarcastic roasts.

How incredible is it when people can express their true selves and unfiltered feelings like that? YOU are dazzlingly creative, funny, and interesting. I know it's harder to expose your heart out in the world. But if you always curl in on yourself like an armadillo, you'll never attract people who appreciate the qualities you let out online. Be real. I like the real you.

Now for some news!

I've been thinking about entering our story in the Wattys! Apparently, there's a fanfiction category. So it's worth the shot, ammiright? :D

BUT WE NEED A NEW COVER.

The current one was edited by me. And I have no artsy cells in my body. Before I enter it, I'd love to find a better one! If any of you crazy talented artists want to edit or draw a new cover, PLEASE DO!!! I would love to be able to feature your cover as the face of this book! My email is charitybrynerthompson@gmail.com.

Another random glass of apple juice: I'm looking for beta readers! I've started working on an actual book that I may try to get published within the next couple of years. If you're interested, shoot me an email at charitybrynerthompson@gmail.com. I might try to make a discord or something for that. I should have a wobbly first draft tottering around by next year. I value the opinions of those of you who have made it this far so much!!

Endings are never fun, but I hope the memories stay with you. I know your words will stay with me.

Love you all.

~SapphireSoup, Charity Juliette