Chapter 9🕳️

"front door opened, front door opened, front door opened, from door opened"

The automated voice looped monotonously. The tone almost deafeningly stale. There should've been a wailing alarm loud enough to hear down the block. Alerting the police, their security, hell, it'd alert anyone within a mile. The alarm that usually played above the voice, was silent.

It never went off.

Jin had made it home first, his partners following closely behind, still in the elevator most likely. He stood frozen at the entrance of his home. Disbelieving. Nearly shell shocked.

The usually warm and lively house was quiet and cold. Even at the front door, he knew.

Snapping out of his panicked daze, Jin shut the voice off. Without realising, his cellphone slipped from his hands, another straight to voicemail.

He scanned the living room, eyes frantic, "Sunoo-yah!"

Empty.

The table flipped, TV shattered, couch in disarray.

"Serin! A-ardin!" His throat was tight, it was dizzying, nauseating, on the verge of either passing out or having a heart attack. He already knew. Out of breath, heart pounding in his throat, vision spotty, Jin's knees decided now was the time to give out.

"They're-"

"Hyung!"

He couldn't tell who's voice it was, he couldn't feel who's arms wrapped around his torso, couldn't hear the breaking of furniture. The shouting. An unfamiliar sound, not just now, but in any situation, Yoongi never raised his voice. Though, it cracked around the words thrown towards Taehyung.

Hoseok barely able to hold himself up as he and Jimin ran through the house. Refusing the believe. Namjoon holding Delilah up, holding her back from launching at, who? He didn't know, she didn't know. Namjoon's hands trembled around her.

"WHAT HAPPENED! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!"

It was loud, it was quiet. Jin heard a snap. Then he was pushed back into awareness.

"Everyone."

They still panicked around him. Jungkook's grip on him, palms brushing the tears he didn't know had fallen.

Jimin attempting to soothe Hoseok, in the hallway, though he himself was lost.

"You're fixing this!" Yoongi's voice, at a level they'd never even thought possible.

Namjoon's back to Taehyung, somehow managing guard him while still holding Delilah steady. Lost, spiralling through the meaning of the rambling shouts Yoongi spewed at the younger.

"What do you mean fixing this?" Jin turned to face the two.

As if they were all pulled into focus by Yoongi's words, they zoned in on Taehyung, who's body seemed to be concaving.

He shook trying to get his words out, "I- it's not- I didn't."

"Calm down, take a breath, panicking isn't gonna get anything or anyone anywhere." Jin himself didn't know how he managed to stabilize his own advice.

Taehyung drew in a breath as he sunk to the floor.

"Taehyung knew about the business, he's apart of it." Yoongi spat out.

"Taehyung?" A few of them called. The others stared with wide wet eyes.

"Explain. Explain before I- Taehyung. Explain."

Enraged, confused, panicking into a spiral on the inside. Jin knew they all were, he also knew that Taehyung had to have an explanation, there's no way he'd hurt them. There's just no way.

"What the fuck is this!? Our kids are fucking gone!" Delilah launched forward causing Taehyung to whimper.

"Delilah please." Namjoon held tighter.

He seemed to get it, to understand, to know that right now, they couldn't panic.

"Explain."