Epilogue I - Remember Me.

"Everyone ready?"

"Dad I can't- thank you." Serene smiled up as Jin clipped her butterfly clips in her dark curly hair.

"Just like your mom." Jin looked over to where Delilah currently clipped butterflies in her brown curls, "me next okay?"

Serene nodded quickly smiling wide so excited to clip her dad's mullet styled hair.

"Ardin, Serin?" Yoongi called from the bottom of the stairs. He absentmindedly ran his hand through his hair, knocking out the butterfly clip.

As inconspicuously as possible he picked it up, pinning it back quickly so his daughter didn't think he'd taken it out.

Soon enough the two 15 year olds came hurdling down.

"No running on the stairs!" Delilah flinched hearing the mini stampede.

"Easy momma, gotta be careful remember?" Jin glanced over to Delilah, who nodded in understanding.

They were all still young, the oldest partner, Jin, a very very graceful 42, you'd think he was still 30, you'd think he was still 20 actually, he might just be a vampire, he really hasn't changed at all, it's scary sometimes. They've all managed to age more than gracefully. Delilah did need to be careful though.

"Butterfly clips?" The moment Serene turned 12 she started experimenting with hair clips and hair pins. Her brothers of course with the first tributes who didn't necessarily volunteer.

She waved the bag of clips in front of them, and how could they say no. The two plopped down on the couch, Serene squealed climbing over their laps, clipping multiple clips in Ardin's long curly hair and a few in Serin's shorter but still clippable hair.

Jungkook popped in from outside, a butterfly clip giving him a cute apple top, "Minibus is packed we gotta get going now or we won't make it."

"Jimin and Taehyung finally got Mara and Somi buckled into their seats." Hoseok huffed also sporting two butterfly clips in his recently red dyed hair, he paced inside grabbing a forgotten sippy cup from off the counter.

"Where's-"

"We're ready." Namjoon came down the stairs carefully, Junseo wrapped around him, another hello kitty bandage, this time on his knee.

"What happened?" Yoongi looked up eyebrows furrowed.

"Slipped on a toy car." Jun grumbled into Namjoon's chest. The nine year old picked up quite the clumsy reputation, just like the person he clung to.

"Come here bubby." Yoongi held his arms out for the boy allowing Namjoon to get his butterfly headband in place of clips due to his short cut hair. Jun whipped his head out of Namjoon's chest brown curls whipping along as he hopped down from Namjoon and immediately clung to Yoongi.

If the house wasn't full with the eight. Ardin, Serin, Serene, Junseo, Mara and Somi, definitely filled the place out.

For this occasion, they'd take the family bus out to the lake, every year on the same day.

"Alright everyone outside, we gotta get moving." Jin helped Delilah stand up. Heavily pregnant once again, it seemed to her that she was almost pregnant more than she wasn't, but who was she to complain she loved her babies and every one that came was a blessing, being extra taken cared of and babied by her partners was just a nice plus. Though they may need to add another house to the land to accommodate.

Eventually they managed to all pile into the bus, all buckled in safely. The selfdriving van allowed them to focus more on each other, though Jungkook still sat at the wheel, just in case.

For the sake of the partners' sanity, the long drive went smoothly with karaoke, eye spy, only two bathroom breaks and one stop to switch seating arrangements so Serene could put butterfly clips in Junseo, Mara and Somi's hair along with her dads'.

The moment they parked the older twins unbuckled their younger sisters from the seats.

"Mom tell our brother in there to hurry up and come out, we're far too outnumbered." Serin sighed sarcastically as he lifted Mara out of her seat, attacking her cheeks with a few kisses.

"What about us?" Jimin feigned hurt.

"Dad. You're so right." Serin kissed Jimin's cheek as he climbed out of the van.

"My good boy."

They all managed to file out, setting up over two and a half picnic tables near the swings. All content enjoying the evening together, anticipating what was to come-

"Oh oh look!" Somi dropped her sandwich back onto the plate, shaking Mara who giggled wildly next to her.

"Careful with your sister she just ate a big sandwich." Delilah eased the shaking on Mara who simply continued her cackling laugh, her eyes still like downturned crescents as she calmed her laughs into a smile.

Serene looked up from her drawing. The twins, Jungkook and Yoongi halted their game of catch.

Jimin stopped swinging while Hoseok brought Junseo's swing to a steady stop carefully.

Delilah tried and did not struggle to turn out of her seat, and Namjoon just so happened to want to help her for no reason and did not see her struggling at all because she is completely capable pregnant or not thank you very much.

"Let's get closer to the lake." Jin said holding Mara and Somi's hands.

As the family approached the lake, they were met with the site they'd always come for, every year.

Dozens of blue butterflies. The first time, nearly 18 years ago, they'd went as a memorial for their first twins, Solar and Luna. They'd been so in awe of the site, though they'd wondered if they'd ever see it again.

They'd come back the following year with low expectations but were brought to tears, realising they could have this every year, the hatching of blue butterflies across the lake. This special moment, found by fate maybe, when they'd first come heartbroken in hopes of healing, to remember-

"Brother and sister?" Mara looked up at Jin's glassy eyes, he scooped her up, in turn Taehyung picked up Somi.

"Yeah, your big brother and sister." He always promised himself he wouldn't cry the next time he'd go, but it was always too overwhelmingly beautiful.

The family squeezed each other closer as the butterflies danced over shimmering water, the sun barely touching the edge of the lake in its descent.

"Ready?" Hoseok said grabbing a basket from the table.

The family got as close to the water as they could without falling in. Opening the basket together and scattering out moonflowers, sunflowers and freesias into the lake.

They absorbed the moment, watching the flowers dispearse across the water, a few butterflies ghosting over a couple of the flowers before taking off again into the tangerine and soft cotton candy coloured sky. They'd watched until every last butterfly left the lake and the sky was almost completely washed away of oranges and pinks.

"Solar and Luna." Delilah smiled through cloudy eyes.

"Solar and Luna." They all echoed quietly.

Hi again. For those who read the original book,this must have been a bit of emotion to take in. I'm tearing up right now, I love them all so much. I wanted there to be a moment where you see the kids remembering and honouring their siblings who rest happily in paradise.

But don't worry, any future epilogues will be happy/funny/crack/maybe smut idk. So thank you I love you bye 💗💗

Stan BTS 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗