chapter five

Last week my best friend tricked me into going to a rager at Harry Style's house. I met him and decided he was the worst person to exist. Now I stand before my bathroom mirror, adding final touches to my makeup to go on a date with him.

I mean, it's a fake date, but a date nonetheless.

Last night after agreeing to the date, I met Grant's two beautiful daughters. They were so excited to see me, the older one even cried. Harry left after the meeting with Grant, and he seemed pissed about the whole situation. Grant kindly paid for an Uber for me.

After I got home I called Josalyn because I told her I would, and if I tried avoiding her she would know something was up. I hated lying to her... but I had to. I told her that Grant wanted to talk about doing a video collaboration with Harry to maybe help draw attention away from everything happening right now. She didn't question it because why would I lie to her? I also had to make up a lie about why I was going out with Harry tonight. I knew I had to tell her about it because if she saw it all over the internet that would definitely draw suspicion considering I hate Harry. I told her we talked on the way over to Grant's and he apologized and asked if he could take me out tonight to make up for how he acted. Obviously, he would never do such a thing, but again, Josalyn wouldn't expect me to be lying to her about this.

She's pretty excited about the whole thing and is convinced that Harry has a crush on me or something, little does she know this is just a publicity stunt.

I finish getting ready in the bathroom then head to my full-length mirror in my bedroom to see how I look. I decided to dress pretty casually. I'm wearing high-waisted flare pants with a cool pattern on them that I thrifted as well as a black cropped t-shirt with an array of jewelry on as well. I also decided to wear some chunky sneakers. I put my hair back in a ponytail, curtain bangs down to frame my face.

I got a text a few hours ago from Harry telling me he would pick me up at 6:30, I responded asking where we were going, but he left me on read, so there's that

I got a text a few hours ago from Harry telling me he would pick me up at 6:30, I responded asking where we were going, but he left me on read, so there's that. I assume he got my number from Grant because I gave him my contact information, but not Harry. I guess Grant gave him my address as well because he didn't ask for it when he messaged.

I grab my phone off of my unmade bed that I would much rather be in right now and look at the lit-up screen to see what time it is. It's 6:27, which means I need to head downstairs, assuming Harry will be on time. He seems very punctual oddly enough. Like someone who is not too early and never too late to things. Always right on time. I allow my gaze to stay on my home screen for a moment. It's a photo of Josalyn and me. Guilt seeps in as I think about the lies I am forming. My whole life I have told Josalyn everything, no matter what. She knows more about me than anyone in this world, including my own mother. And I know her just as well. But I just can't ruin this. If it means I get to be happier and alter this part I'm stuck playing, I have to do it. I just hope she never finds out, and if she does she'll be able to forgive me and understand why I had to do it.