chapter nine

I rifle through my makeup bag, still unsettled about the events that took place at the beach. I still haven't had time to fully take in not only what happened, but how things made me feel. And by things I mean Harry. I felt something like... well, I don't know what. But it was definitely a new feeling when it comes to Harry.

Right now I'm too focused on the party to analyze my feelings towards Harry. Tonight I am going to a party at my annoying ex-boyfriend's house with my new fake boyfriend who everyone thinks is my real boyfriend. Nice.

Honestly, a part of me is excited to go. It's like, I want Shea to see that I've moved on and I'm happy. It's sad that I have to prove that by having a "new boyfriend". I genuinely have moved on and am happy and that has nothing to do with Harry, but I think a part of Shea thought we would get back together. I know he thought he would be able to pull me back in somehow. But now that he believes me to be with Harry, it's like I'm showing Shea that I'm really over him.

After finishing some final touches on my makeup, I step away from the mirror to give my face a final glance to ensure everything looks how I want it to. I decided to do black cat eyeliner with some eyeshadow for a more smokey effect. Liquid eyeliner is too perfect when attempting this look, plus eyeshadow is much more forgiving.

After deciding I am satisfied with my makeup I walk over to my bed and grab the black dress I chose for tonight. I hold it out in front of me, looking over it to make sure it is what I want to wear. It's a beautiful dress that lands mid-thigh on me and fits in all the right places. I really love it because it has puff sleeves to make it not as plain.

I put on the dress then slip on a silver necklace and then some black heels

I put on the dress then slip on a silver necklace and then some black heels. I also grab a small black bag with a long, thin silver chain handle to match my outfit. After checking the time, I plop my phone in my bag as well as lipgloss, eyelash glue, and my headphones, then I make my way outside where Harry is waiting.

He is in a different car tonight. It is a sleek black mustang. I give myself a mental pat on the back for knowing what kind of car it is... Even though it is probably one of the easiest cars to spot.

Rather than waiting in the car like usual, Harry surprises me by waiting beside my door to open it.

As I near closer to him, I come to a halt, and my breath hitches. I don't even mean to react like this, but I genuinely can't help it, my body has a mind of its own right now.

He looks... Amazing.

I don't understand why I feel this way. He looks the same as usual, but so different. He is wearing a black button-up shirt, but the top buttons are undone, exposing his chiseled chest along with a pair of his signature black skinny jeans. I wonder if he just has a closet full of hundreds of the same pair of black jeans.

I gulp.

I don't think I have ever been this attracted to someone in my life.

I cringe at myself for thinking Harry is hot and realize I have stood frozen there for probably an extremely awkward amount of time. I direct my eyes to my feet and continue walking towards the car.