Part 29

I couldn't move from my bed when I got home. I've been staring at the ceiling all night. I want to go and see him, go visit him at the police station but I can't move. My body is frozen. I'm not even upset that half the school saw me naked as the police stormed in, I just want Nate.

I look over at my clock, it's 9am. I find the courage to get into the shower, washing last night away. I get ready, put on some natural makeup and a pink jumper. I reach for my jeans and white sneakers too. I walk down the stairs, mum is passed out on the couch and I can't see Lexi. Just as I'm about to open the door, I hear her. "Where are you going?" She says. "Lex I'm just going out" I say meekly. "To see Nate?" She asks. "Lex-" she cuts me off. "You're ruining your friendship with Maddy, and it's fucking up our whole group" she says. "I'm sorry Lex but I really like him" I say.

She looks at me in silence and then shakes her head and walks away toward the kitchen. I sigh and make my way out of the house and into my car. I drive to the police station and just sit in my car, staring at the entrance. I can see Nate's parents car, and I wonder what they're thinking right now. They might not even be able to prove that Nate did it. I sit there and think, and then remember the gun in Nate's car. That's the first place they'll look.

I speed over to where the party was, and see Nate's car still sitting out front. I jump out of my car and see if I can open it. Shit! It's locked. I look around frantically and see a garden with rocks in between the plants. I cover my hands with my jumper and pick it up, then throw it through the window. I keep my hands covered as I open the door from the inside. I open the glove compartment with a sigh of relief, I had thought he locked it.

Inside of the glove compartment, there was nothing. No gun. My heart starts pounding along with my head. Where could it be? He put it in the glove compartment. What if he took it into the party?? He couldn't have. No I don't understand! I jump back into my car before anyone sees the damage I've done to Nate's truck. I drive straight back to the police station, I need to talk to him. I jump out and walk up to the reception. An older lady is sat there, not looking as though she loves her job.

"Hi" I say quietly. She looks up unbothered. "Yes?" She says with a hint of impatience. "Yes hi, I'm looking for Nate Jacobs" I say. "And what's your business with him?" She says. "I'm his - girlfriend" I say. I'm not really even sure that I am after all of this but I say it anyway. "Okay let me see if you can speak with him" she says as she stands up and disappears behind the glass doors. I pace up and down the seating area, when Nate's dad walks out.

"What are you doing here?" He says in monotone. "I just want to speak to Nate" I say. "Can it not wait? We're kinda in a really sticky situation that needs to be fixed" he says. "Yes and if I don't speak with him, you may be in an even stickier one" I whisper seriously. He looks at me, unsure on if he can trust me. "Fine come with me" he says. He leads me through a maze of doors and halls, until we walk into a small box of a room. He gestures me in, as I'm about to step through the doorframe, he rests his hand on my shoulder to stop me. He leans down and whispers in my ear, "make it quick". I nod and walk in, seeing Nate sitting at the table of the plain room with his hands chained to it.

"Nate!" I say as I rush over to him and give him a hug. "Cassie get off me" he spits. I back away and sit down across from him. "Nate-" I go to say but he cuts me off. "Why are you here? You shouldn't be here" he says. "Nate I tried to find my pink CD in your car, the one I usually keep in the glove box?" I hint. I don't know if the police are listening. "So I had a look and it wasn't there. I know this isn't the right time to ask you but I really need it" I say. He looks at me nonchalantly, and says "Maddy has it".

Maddy? Why would he ask Maddy to help him and not me? Does that mean that Maddy has the keys to his car and retrieved it for him? How does she know about all of this? Is this what she meant by if I caused this she'll kill me? Maybe that's how she knows that it was my fault after all, since Nate only did what he did to protect me.

"Oh... I didn't think Maddy knew about that band" I say, a hint of sadness in my voice. "Well she does" he says. "Okay, well is there anything I can do for you baby?" I say sweetly. "No I'll call you when I'm out of here" he says confidently. "I guess you have it covered then" I say angrily. I sit up violently and push the chair in, about to turn away when he says "Cassie-". I cut him off. "No sweetheart, call me when you're..." I look down at his cuffs and say "free" with a devious smirk. Fuck him. I storm out of the room, hearing faint cursing as the door shut.

I walk straight past his dad, not a word spoken and back to my car. Looks like I have a little visit to pay Maddy.

Bitch.

Hey guys! With the new season of Euphoria coming out soon I felt it necessary to continue the book! I'm sorry for all of you that have been waiting so long for this. I just lost the passion for euphoria for a while but it's back now and I can't wait to finish this book!!! - also Merry Christmas to everyone xx