Part 8

*Trigger warning - kidnapping*

My alarm goes off and I instantly regret setting it. I don't know why I thought I'd be able to go to school today, but there's not a chance. Plus I know how bruised my wrists must be. I look down to check the damage, yep... they're a darker purple now. I don't want to leave this bed until they heal. I call out to mum and tell her that I feel sick and I'm not going to school, she just kind of nods and walks away. I decide to go back to sleep, I have no energy inside me to stay awake. I slowly drift off and before you know it, I'm out for the count.

*Bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz*

I slowly blink, and snuggle up further into my bed.

*BZZZZZZ BZZZZZZ*

Jesus Christ, why the hell is the buzzing getting louder??

I slowly sit up and look at my phone. I have 5 missed texts from Maddy, and 1 from Nate. What the hell.

Maddy: GIRL why are you not at school? McKay told me something happened with Nate?
Maddy: Omg Cassie, did he hurt you?
Maddy : Cass, you can't tell anyone he grabbed your arm. No one else apart from McKay and I know.
Maddy: You have to know he isn't like that, he was just drunk.
Maddy: CASSIE!

She's really concerned I'm going to tell someone, and so she should be. It's clear that he's abusive. I decide to read the text from Nate, I wonder what he has to say about it.

Nate: Call me.

How vague. I'm not surprised, he probably won't even apologise either. I look at the time, it's lunch break. I decide to only call Maddy, I have no patience for Nate right now. I dial Maddy's number.

"Hey Maddy" I say weakly.
"Cassie! Hey did you get my texts?" She asks.
"Yeah I did, why are you so concerned? The reason why I'm not at school is so no one sees the bruises" I say.
"Oh" she sighs.
"Yeah, it's fine. Everyone was drunk, it's nothing hahah" I fake a laugh just to ease the tension.
"Okay cool! I'm glad you're alright. I'll see you at school tomorrow then?" She asks.

Honestly the bruising won't be healed at all by tomorrow, the way Nate grabbed me... I'd be surprised if it's gone within the week. It's only Tuesday as well so, I don't know what I should do. My thought process is interrupted by Maddy's lack of patience.

"Hello?" Maddy asks impatiently.
"Yeah sorry, look I don't think I'll come back to school this week. I'll see you Monday?" I say.
"Yeah that's fine, hey look do you want to stay at mine Saturday night? I know you probably don't want to after what happened last night, but there's another party. It's a Halloween party." She asks.

I sit and think about it for a second, do I really want to go? It's kind of short notice, but I guess I have time to find an outfit not being at school and all.

"Yeah alright, I'll come" I say.
"YAY! Awesome okay well get to mine Saturday at 4 and we can get ready" she shrieks.
"Okay sounds good! Bye Maddy" I say.
"Bye!" She says.

I feel so pushed around. This isn't like me at all, usually I'm the one that makes my own decisions. I decide to get up since it's midday. I have a shower and get dressed into casual clothes. It takes me about 2 hours to get ready. I know it's bad but I love doing my hair and makeup. After another 2 hours of being super bored, I decide that I should probably go to the mall and get something for Halloween. It's already like 4pm but I don't care. This time I'll make sure I pick something I want to wear and not what Maddy forces me to. I walk out the front door and jump in my car, it's shopping time!

___________________________________

I pull up to the mall, I'm a shopping addict so this could be bad. It's about 4:45pm, so it's starting to get slightly dark. I race into the mall and go toward the costume shop. I start to think about what I actually want to be, and then it hits me! ALABAMA WORLEY from true romance!! Oh how I would kill for a man that would kill for me. I loved how Alabama was a call girl and Clarence Worley killed her pimp for her. I mean it'll be a real fuck you to Nate as well, dressing up as a hooker. This is going to be so good.

I find the materials I need, blue belt/bra and a cow print mini skirt. Damn this was easy! I already had blue hoops at home. After walking out with my costume, I started to browse the rest of the mall. I don't buy anything but I love to look at all the pretty sparkly things I could buy. I stand stationary at the sight of these silver sparkly heels by Christian Louboutin. Oh. My. God. I feel like I stand there for half an hour just eying up these bad boys. I look at the price. Holy shit. They're $500!! Nevermind, I don't need them. I saunter off in the direction of my car, it's pitch black outside. What time is it?! I look at my phone, and it tells me it's 6:30pm.

I begin to walk to my car, there's like no one here and I parked way at the back of the carpark. I start to pick up my pace so I can lock myself in my car. I hate being alone in the dark, especially in deserted car parks. I see someone walk toward me in the corner of my eye and I don't have the courage to look. I start to run noticing that they've started running too. I look in their direction as I sprint and see they're carrying a knife. I scream in terror and reach for my car door. I fly into the seat and try to lock the door as fast as I can, they beat me to it and jam their foot in my door. I'm terrified, I can feel my heart race and my skin go cold. They shove a cloth over my face and I start to feel myself lose consciousness. As I'm falling asleep I feel myself be dragged out of my car and the door slammed shut... then it all went black.