Part 28

We arrive at the after party after having driven in silence. I try to push the images of Nate killing another man out of my head. I quickly get out of the car and walk around to the drivers side, waiting for Nate. I can see him fiddling with the glove compartment, probably locking it.

He gets out of the car and sends me a strange look before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the party. His grip around my wrist tightens like a vice when we make eye contact with Maddy, pushed up against the wall by some guy. His hands clearly roaming places that they shouldn't, at least not in public. We don't need to be next to her to understand that she's moaning into this guys ear.

Suddenly, Nate has me by the throat and pushes me into the wall. "Nate" I say in a hushed tone. He leans into my ear and says, "Cassie, listen here. I'm going to get you a really strong drink, and we're going to get really fucked up. Then in approximately 1 hour, I'm going to fuck you until you're no longer able to walk. Deal?". I stare up at him, half in shock and half turned on. I don't dare say a word, I just nod.

Within seconds, he disappears into the kitchen and comes back with a red cup. "Bottoms up" he says before we both skull the content inside of the cup. It's essentially pure vodka, but I manage to keep it down. "Come with me" he says before dragging me into the living room. He sits down and drags me onto his lap, so that I'm straddling him. As I sit down, I notice how hard his dick is. "Baby, why are you so hard" I say. "You fucking turn me on so much, that's why" he groans softly into my ear.

Like a switch, I feel my body turn on. "Come with me" I say, taking his wrist. He stands up and rips his arm away from my grip. I look at him strangely before he picks me up bridal style and begins carrying me up the stairs toward the bedroom. As he carries me, I look over his shoulder and notice Maddy glaring up at as, intently watching us walk away. I roll my eyes at her pettiness.

When we reach the door, Nate drops me into my feet, pushes me inside and slams it behind him. Quickly locking it, begins to take his shirt off. I go to start undoing my dress, but he stops me. "I'll do it" he demands. I smirk up at him. He makes light work of undoing all the ties on my dress before dropping it to the floor. Within seconds, I'm bare with nothing to cover me. He places his hand firmly on my throat before whispering "Get onto the bed, on your knees". Feeling my knees buckle at the beautiful sound that just resonated from his mouth, I oblige and get onto my knees.

Suddenly I hear the door burst open, and two police officers with guns at the ready storm in. I scramble to cover myself up. "What the fuck?" I hear Nate say before the police officers begin to restrain him. The officer begins to say "Nate Jacobs, you are under arrest for the murder of..." and that's when the room began to spin. My vision was blurred and my heart started beating out of my chest.

How did they know it was him. What evidence was left behind? Do they know that I know about it? Do they know what that man did to me? So many thoughts rushing through my head. I wrap the bedsheet around me, clutching it tightly to my chest as tears stream down my face. I look at Nate, he is standing there calmly looking directly into my eyes. "I love you" I mouth to him. "I love you too Cassie" he mouthed back. With that, the police take him out of the room, Nate's gaze not leaving mine until he is out of sight.

There are people standing at the doorway looking in at me, I scream at them to shut the door before I stand up and quickly get dressed. I race down the stairs, ready to go home and text Nate. Just as I reach the bottom of the stairs, I feel someone drag me in their direction by my arm. I look to see that it's Maddy. "What are you doing!" I hiss. "If you caused this, I will hunt you down and fucking kill you" she spits. I rip my hand from her grip and race out the door. The words 'if you caused this' racing through my mind rather than the death threat. Maybe this is my fault. Maybe I'm the reason Nate is going to go to prison.

I've finally updated this book. It's been nearly a year since my last update! Time fly's so quickly. I wasn't expecting this book to take off and honestly, when I read what I wrote a year ago I realise how cringe it was lol. Compared to how I write now anyway! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know xx