Part 3

After getting our lunch, Maddy and I start to walk to a table with a few girls already seated.

She forces me to hold onto the tray with one arm and takes the other arm in hers. She looks me dead in the eye before saying,
"Alright, I'm not sure if you heard it before but Nate is my boyfriend. We're on and off but if you're about to become my friend, you need to understand that he's a no go zone. Understood?"

"Understood" I say simply.

"Cool" She replies.

We quickly approach a table of 4 girls looking up at us in confusion.

"Okay Cassie, the one with the dark hair is Kat, the one with the straight blonde and pink hair is Jules, the one with the dark curly hair is Rue, and the one with the brown hair is Lexi" she fires toward me at incredible speed.

"Hey girls, my name is Cassie" I say politely.

The girls all smile at me, I feel a lot more welcomed than I did before. I take a seat in between Maddy and Kat and place my lunch tray down on the table.

I let the girls chat away as I look around the cafeteria and take in my surroundings. As I look around, I notice Nate, staring at me... staring through me. I get quickly pulled out of my gaze when Maddy snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"So, Cassie, where did you transfer from?" She asks.

"Oh just from the city" I vaguely reply.

I know I didn't answer her question, but I don't want anyone knowing I was from a private school.

"Okay, don't tell me then. Anyway, I see that you're pretty toned. Cheerleader?" Maddy asks... or states.

"Uh yeah actually, have you guys got a team?" I ask.

"Yeah we do, tryouts are later today. Wanna come?" She says.

"Hell yeah I do!" I say probably a bit too excited.

She looks at me funny and laughs, then continues to chat to Kat across me. Cool. I turn to Rue and Jules, it's obvious they're together but it's not so obvious they they've made it official. It's just a vibe I get anyway. They're cute though.

I go to make conversation when I'm interrupted by Maddy... again.

"Okay Cassie, here's the plan. After tryouts tonight, I'll come pick you up from your house and we can all get ready at mine" she says.

"Sounds good but ready for what?" I ask confused.

"McKay is having a party tonight, and we're all going. He's friends with Nate, and he's on the football team" she says.

"Awesome alright then, sounds good" I say.

The bell for the end of lunch suddenly rings.

Guess I'll just have to make conversation later tonight.