Part 7

A bright light shines straight on my face, I throw my hands over my eyes. "Ugh what the fuck?" I moan. I hear extremely loud music playing, surely it's not still nighttime. I sit up slowly and look around, yep, still nighttime and still at McKay's. Speaking of McKay, he's crouched over me shining his goddam phone light in my face. "What happened?" I ask. Just as McKay goes to speak, Nate creeps up behind him and shouts "GET UP". I really am not in the mood to argue so I manage to stand up, with McKay at my aid. "Thanks" I mumble softly to him. He nods.

"How much have you had to drink Cassie, you're falling around like a slut" Nate spits. I lose it at that statement. Ordinarily I wouldn't give Nate the time of day, but I'm fucking over this bullying, degrading and demeaning shit he's got going on. The alcohol only makes my rage intensify. I look Nate Jacobs dead in the eye, I feel suddenly more sober than I've felt all night. "Why the fuck do you always feel the need to comment on my shit?! You don't fucking know me, I've been around you for less than a day and I can't even stand you. I don't know what fucked up shit you've got going on but I'm over having you belittle me. I'm a badass fucking bitch and if you want to call me a slut, then go for it. I know my worth and nothing you say can change that so Nate, do me a favour and FUCK OFF" I yell. Everything goes silent, Nate is bubbling with anger. I pant at the amount of oxygen I've just wasted on him. Before Nate can say anything at all, I storm back into the party and call an Uber for my house. McKay follows me and yells out "Cassie! Yo! Wait, come back!". I turn around and ask him if he has a jumper I can take home to cover the dress I'm wearing, he tells me to wait and he'll bring me something. Seconds later, he hands me a jumper and some track pants. I throw both on, not worrying about the dress underneath.

I'm interested as to how no one has noticed the dark purple bruises on my wrists from Nate grabbing me earlier, but I'm thankful. As much as I hate Nate, being called out on abuse can ruin someone's life. I see my uber is 1 minute away and I ask McKay to walk me to it. As my uber pulls up, I thank McKay for everything and hop inside. As we drive off, I see Nate glare at me through the window. What have I just done...

___________________________________

I arrive home and climb through my window, the alcohol wore of quicker than usual. Must have been the adrenaline released from pissing Nate Jacobs off. I take my dress off under my jumper and throw it in the bin to the left of my bed. I'm never looking at that dress again. I remember that tomorrow is only Tuesday and school unfortunately still exists. I reach for the water bottle next to my bed and skull as much as I can down, set my alarm and try to sleep... although the only thing on my mind is the worry I have for what Nate will do to me tomorrow for what I said...

I know this is another short chapter but it's a precursor for a bigger one! Enjoy xx