06. In Which Persephone Becomes Friends With A Fugitive

"You do know that you are defending somone that could have killed your father, right?" Derek asks the mystery voice.

I couldn't see who it was due to the death grip that was on me at the moment, but I was so thankful for them. They saw me and what a freak I am, and they weren't attacking me like this maniac (hot maniac but that's not the point.)

"It's not her." The voice said again. "I saw the thing that killed him, and it... it's just not the same."

"You said it had yellow eyes, and gross weird discolored skin. You too Scott! And now when something that sounds exactly the same is standing right in front of you, you're telling me that it's not her?" Derek gruffs out as his grip got tighter, causing a strangled gasp to leave my lips.

"I'm telling the truth okay! What I saw had more scale like skin, like some kind of snake. This isn't the same, now put her down, Derek!" The boys voice echoed around the room once again, seeming to get a bit more panicked whenever the older mans grip got tighter. Yeah, I'm panicking too bud.

"Scott?" Derek calls out to him as confirmation.

"I agree with Isaac... something isn't the same." Scott confidently said. Stiles seemed to release a breath, but I was still holding mine. Just the thought that I could have done something like that, and that they even thought that I did, hurt. A lot. It was then that I realized I was an outsider, I wasn't part of their group. Why wouldn't they think that I did it? They don't know me.

I don't know me.

The room was silent as Derek dropped me to the ground roughly, my shoulder slamming against the ground which led me to cry out in pain. But it was no where near close to the pain that I felt inside when I knew that I didn't belong here, I didn't belong anywhere.

"Persephone!" Stiles called out as he realized that I fell on my injured shoulder. But I refused to let him suddenly start being my friend again when just moments ago he thought that I was a killer. I slowly inched myself up by myself, but arms latched onto my elbows and helped me. I was about to lash out at Stiles, telling him to leave me the hell alone, but when I turned I was met with icy blue eyes and not the Stillinski hazel. The first thing I realized was this was the voice, he had been the one to stand up for me when my so called friends didn't. Secondly, I remembered he was the one from the lacrosse field, the one that got taken by the police but had mysteriously escaped from his holding cell.

The boy was a fugitive, but he still helped me even when he had no reason to.

"Your shoulder." He stated as our eyes were still locked.

"Is fine." I lied back before I tried to get my elbow out of his grip.

"Is bleeding." He corrected with a smug look on his face. My head whipped to view my shoulder which was, indeed, bleeding. I rolled my eyes. This day couldn't get any better.

"Let me drive you to the hospital." Stiles told me across the room, Scott standing next to him with a guilty look in his eyes. The betrayal I was feeling came back and I looked away.

"I think I'll find my own way, thanks though." I told them before I walked out of the room, leaving the only person who has kept me sane through all of this, behind.

🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘

"Do you really think I am going to let you walk three miles alone to the hospital in the middle of the night?" Stiles yells out as he chases me down the road.

"Well I didn't really think you would believe I was a killer but look where we are." I snapped out at him.

"I didn't want to believe that it was you. But it was a really weird big coincidence, okay?"