01. Broken Vending Machines and Weird Fetish's

February, 2011

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That sound, that god forbidden beeping sound won't go away.

I could hear myself groan but not moving a single muscle. My eyelids were closed but I could tell a very bright light was above me by the color that I'm seeing through my eyelids. I tried opening my eyes again, but they just weren't having it. "Ugh!" I groaned again, this time I could feel myself shifting around on whatever the hell I was laying on, which wasn't the most comfy but I guess you can't have everything. The beeping sound continued to the right of me, constant and steady. I didn't know what it was but I was going to find out.

I tried peeling open my eyelids again, but this time to gain a success by how the light above me got about ten times brighter, which then caused me to squeeze my eyes shut again. A couple seconds passed before I attempted again. At first everything was blurry and unfocused, but after multiple blinks I could keep my eyes open for a good amount of time. I was right, there was a big rectangular light above me, around it was what looked like tiles to a ceiling. They were white, and from what I could tell, honestly, everything was white. I closed my eyes again suddenly just wanting to go back to sleep, but after all I had achieved in the past few minutes I refused the drowsy feeling and opened them again, but this time a face appeared above me.

A women, maybe in her late 30's, early 40's stood by my bedside, and she wore these very loose clothing, which was a light purple at the moment. A kind smile broke onto her face, almost like a relieved one. Her dark brown curls were tied up into a ponytail on her head, a clipboard in her hands. "You're awake." The women says, still smiling. I went to go reply, but my voice wouldn't cooperate. My shaky hands flew to my throat, it felt dry and parched, and suddenly it made me think of just how long I had been asleep for, which brought me to another important question of where the hell I actually was.

My head whipped around a couple times, scoping the room for any signs of danger, but to only find a couple chairs, random cabinets and two doors, and then my eyes landed on that horrid beeping machine.

Hospital. I was in a hospital. But why was I here?

I turned my head back toward the lady which I now presume was my nurse. A hundred questions whirled in my brain, but for some reason I couldn't stop feeling this sensation, like I forgot something, or I'm missing something.

It felt like on a school morning when you just get on the bus, but once you sit down it's almost like this itching sort of feeling like you forgot something, but you couldn't remember what, and it bothered you the rest of the day until, eventually, you figured out what you couldn't remember.

"Water." I rasped out, the women nodded quickly before exiting the room. I looked around the room again but there was really nothing interesting to look at so I opted for playing with my fingers, I could see a light violet color on my nails, old nail polish that had starting chipping away. The women returned, and this time I read her name tag, Melissa. I brought the plastic cup to my lips, downing all the liquid inside of it. I almost wanted to ask for more, but I wanted answers, and I wanted them now.

"Why am I at the hospital?" I ask, my voice still sounding foreign to me.

Melissa sat down at the edge of bed, her hands clasped together. "Can you tell me what your name is?" She asked me, still fiddling with her clipboard.

"Yeah, its-" But I didn't finish my sentence, because I didn't know. It's like my mind was a blank chalkboard with nothing written on it. I felt like I just had a "I don't remember what I was just about to say" moments, then for the life of me couldn't remember.